Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Moving and I need to sell my lamps.  I dont have any of the boxes or anything so it would be a huge headache to bring this with me.  I live in Toronto, so this would be a local pickup only sale.  I think most of the members here are from the US, but if you live in a state thats close and are a lava lover then it might be worth the trip to get these highly coveted and collectible lamps that are no longer being made at the moment.  

Asking $1000.00 each

I have pics in my profile I think.

Views: 1443

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What colors?  How is the flow on them?  Would you be willing to ship if buyer set everything up? 

**EDIT** I found the pics.  Am interested in the red/clear but would need to see a short (less than 5 min) video of it flowing, and also need to know if you would be at all willing to work with a shipper provided I made the arrangements for them to pick it up.  Thanks!!

How much you want for those TStout Star Wars posters?   

Hey Jeff, thank you for your interest. I will try to make a video tonight or tomorrow of the red/clear depending on my schedule.
I would like to sell them both together but I guess I could split them apart if I am unable to sell both together.
flow is great on my both, just inconsistent with the temperature of my apartment and the 250w bulb. I have no thermostat so it's literally heat on or heat off. plus the weather is unpredictable. -30 right now.
As I said originally I have none of the original packaging. but if you are able to set up something where it would be picked up and packaged and shipped to you, then of course that would be something I'd be open to.

I'm talking to the shipping experts at work (I work at a distributor in the IT department, but since we are a distribution center I have access to multiple shippers) to see what can be done and get a price. 

Yea there'd be no way I could do both, not unless you came down in price some.  I'm thinking its going to cost me $200 at least in packaging/shipping, but I should know more tomorrow.

Just curious. Why $1000 each? Didn't you just buy them last year for $700 each?

I suspect Choda is selling them for $1000 because they are worth that.  Recent ebay sales have garnered more.....in some cases up to $1500.  Colossus lamps may return later this year, and they may not as of right now they are out of production so folks who want one will probably pony up $1000 bucks for one of these perfect condition lamps.

Phishy Lava said:

Me too!!!

lalalava said:

I couldn't sell mine for anything! well short of "your child needs expensive surgery" lol. I think ill plan to be buried with mine....or maybe just cremated and kept near its warmth. lol

Exactly - throw retail value out the window as they are no longer available.  Now potential buyers are at the mercy of the secondary market.  Based on what Tim's Colossus sold for on eBay, $1000 is actually a little below market value.

Critter said:

I suspect Choda is selling them for $1000 because they are worth that.  Recent ebay sales have garnered more.....in some cases up to $1500.  Colossus lamps may return later this year, and they may not as of right now they are out of production so folks who want one will probably pony up $1000 bucks for one of these perfect condition lamps.

Phishy Lava said:

Its just too bad this isn't possible for me to obtain...the one I had a chance at got too expensive.  Shipping is almost as much as the lamp.  I tried today to get some options and all are well out of reach.  I suppose I'll never have a Colossus.

Never say never Jeff. 

You likely won't find a sweet deal on a Colossus on eBay or here, but you may on Craigslist.  I loved the Fantasia Cosmos the first time I laid eyes on it, but thought it would never have been attainable based on the asking price.  Then one Saturday morning, I am drinking coffee searching for my usuals on Craigslist.  I rarely search for "fiber optic lamp" on Craigslist as they are rarely listed, but that day I did.  The subject line reads "Fiber optic floor lamp - $60".  I think no freaking way. Oh yes indeed, and only about a 30 minute drive from my house.  Yes, that was $60 and I didn't forget any digits. 

Jeff said:

Its just too bad this isn't possible for me to obtain...the one I had a chance at got too expensive.  Shipping is almost as much as the lamp.  I tried today to get some options and all are well out of reach.  I suppose I'll never have a Colossus.

Awesome. Glad I got 2 of them last year.  

Jim said:

Exactly - throw retail value out the window as they are no longer available.  Now potential buyers are at the mercy of the secondary market.  Based on what Tim's Colossus sold for on eBay, $1000 is actually a little below market value.

Critter said:

Phishy Lava said:

Sorry to hear that Jeff, like I said its a real pain to have to ship these and it would be best for someone with a truck or something that could potentially pick them up.  Great lamps, its a shame if nobody from this goo loving site gets a shot at them.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service