Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

This weekend I am going to look at "an entire shed full of vintage lava lamps and parts." From the pictures I've already seen there are 3 or 4 large totes filled to the top with bases, globes, caps, etc. I saw 3 or 4 icon bases, numerous psychedelic swirl bases and caps and quite a few midnight series bases and tops. The garage is also full of lamps. The woman's father was a collector and she wants it all gone! I will post pics of everything when I get it all sorted out hopefully I'll be picking it up this weekend.

Views: 755

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wow, thats going to be pretty cool!

It's been a good week for collecting. I snagged a grande for $30 a couple midnights from the 90s for $50 and now this whole shed full of stuff.

Where is this located and are any other collectors welcome? Thanks!

Southwest Florida. I can't say whether or not other collectors are welcome because I don't personally know the woman, I've only arranged and agreed upon a time to go look at everything at this point. I am willing to share my finds with the forum and if something is of particular interest to anyone I can arrange a sale. My main goal is to see what all is there, how much she wants, and take pictures of everything so I can post them here.

Awesome!  Thanks!  If you come across a Retro Haze or any Giants I would be interested. Thanks again! 

MacRanium said:

Southwest Florida. I can't say whether or not other collectors are welcome because I don't personally know the woman, I've only arranged and agreed upon a time to go look at everything at this point. I am willing to share my finds with the forum and if something is of particular interest to anyone I can arrange a sale. My main goal is to see what all is there, how much she wants, and take pictures of everything so I can post them here.

The giants she had went back to the aunt in PA, the 2 lamps she had from '70s sold on eBay. I can't wait I go tomorrow at noon 

Update. Heading back to HQ with 4 large totes. She also gave me a ton of vintage Avon cologne bottles and some other stuff. 

I hope there are various lids in those totes...:)

There are five 1990s lava lite globes, 1 grande globe, a bunch of off brand and Post 2005 lava lite globes, a lot of bases and caps including 2 midnight series bases and 2 psychedelic swirls blue and purple respectively. The icon bases were sold on eBay before I arrived.

All in all there are 10 official lava lamp brand globes, 5 american made 1990's globes and 5 Chinese ones. The Chinese ones are all made around 2007 and they have decent flow for Chinese lamps. The rest are the rocket shaped ones and most of them are clear but the flow is boring.

are there any colored lid/caps?  Blue or White

No sorry, there was a black starlight base with the plastic bottom but other than that and the psychedelic swirls everything is pretty standard stuff.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service