Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

A couple of days ago I purchased a brand new Mathmos Smart Astro direct from Mathmos, it´s the green-yellow variant, was supposed to be the Crown Jewel of lava lamps, or at least that´s what I imagined, silly me. Pretty much everything is wrong with it, the way the bottle fits in the base is pretty wobbly, the led lights sometimes f...s up, cycling really fats through a limited part of the color spectrum, unable to turn off on the button etc. but the worst part is the quality and texture of the wax, it´s so bubbly and grainy looking, the wax takes 2 hours to start moving, and at 3 hours the wax just seems to disintegrate into lots and lots of tiny blobs moving around in an unpleasing way... it´s as if the lamp gets too hot... don´t know why, I never use it for more than the recommended 6 hrs. at a time... if anyone has any helpful, I´ll be grateful if you´ll let me know, thanks :-)

Views: 238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This sucks. Sorry for your dissapoinment. My two work perfectly well although I did have trouble turning one of them off the other day and had to switch it off at the mains. Perhaps you should send it back for a replacement, however postage could be an issue and you're overseas.

AC

Send it back, and find some nice USA made lamps!!  :-)

Sorry to hear it. I would send it back immediately. Can you post pics?

i still think they aint got it right yet, the flow just aint as good as it should be

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2020   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service