Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I see that Spencer's website has those neon's available now. Have to go see what these look like in person to see if there are worth it. Autumn do you know if there more colors available or is this it?  These remind me of the old days of the midnight aristocrats minus the pinholes.

Views: 4246

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They really need to bring back pinholes. 

its nice to see some black bases! looks like they have the dark knight lamp also.

I also really hate the photo renderings. Grrr...

Cool lamps. I wish LL did this on a more regular basis with the larger lamps.

lol its the graphic design in us! These look like my cap code list.

Erin said:

I also really hate the photo renderings. Grrr...

I know! I mean they're well done, but we all know the lamps won't look like this. 

I agree, I would to love to know who does all this design work for them and what they are charging for it. Because I can just as easily take a photograph of the lamp, bring into Photoshop, tweak it here and there and have a finished picture of a lamp in 1/4 of the time it would take for me to make a lava lamp from scratch in illustrator.

According to Spencers online, they're called a 'metallic series'

http://www.spencersonline.com/product/ll-52-neon-green-lava/

hmmm...the discription says "silver base and cap" but the photo rendering shows a black base and cap.

The Blob said:

According to Spencers online, they're called a 'metallic series'

http://www.spencersonline.com/product/ll-52-neon-green-lava/

I bet its just their generic lava lamp description just copied and pasted,.

When they say neon - are these like the electric series that are UV reactive and the wax is a flousent 'neon' colour.

If this is not the case then why call them neon when its just a black base with a clear and colour wax globe. I am not saying they are bad as i do like them I just hope they come close to the electric series.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service