Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I know that some of the stores will carry lamps that you dont see on their website. Went there today and found this nice color combo that I couldn't pass on.

Also used a coupon and it works fine.http://www.spencersonline.com/content.jsp?pageName=SignUpCoupon

Views: 1466

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Michael said:

I saw this the other day. I really hope this is the beginning of the return to square boxes from those awful cylinders! 

One can hope :) 

Totally agree. Those cylindrical 'boxes' are cheap and nasty and did the product no favours. I also much prefer the proper more traditional square boxes. I hope the product will improve too.

I saw this lamp boxed at Spencer's recently and immediately rolled my eyes (I've been hard into the 17 inch colormax series only lately, which I totally love), especially with the square box it was in- I guess I'm the only one who likes the cylinder packaging.  I find it is the best use of storage space and the tube is way sturdier than any square boxes I have ever dealt with and I also put one over a lamp sometimes to get it going faster on the slow starting ones. 

Anyway, I realized after reading this thread that I didn't have a china made one in this color combo.  With the talk here, I decided to go back and buy one today. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!  The pictures so far do not do it justice. Mine flows like a USA made one of yesteryear- tons of snaking, stretching, serpentine flow (including top to bottom serpentine), etc. I have hundreds of lamps and don't even have a USA made Clear/Blue that flows this well....

Can I attribute this to the new ownership of Lava Lite?!

I am so excited right now, I can barely believe it. 8)

I also find the lava is more opaque (more like USA used to be too)...

Full disclosure, I had to use a 60watt (GE Reveal) bulb to get it going- it is extremely slow to start and lazy otherwise (like china ones typically are), so I get it going and then just dim it slightly until I don't lose the amazing flow.

I will upload some photos of mine here shortly.

I bought one Saturday and have ran it every night since.  It too has taken a long time to warm up and the flow was lazy.  Tonight I placed it on a shelf with four other lamps (extra heat).  Now it is flowing like a champ!  And that COLOR!! 

Drew said:

I saw this lamp boxed at Spencer's recently and immediately rolled my eyes (I've been hard into the 17 inch colormax series only lately, which I totally love), especially with the square box it was in- I guess I'm the only one who likes the cylinder packaging.  I find it is the best use of storage space and the tube is way sturdier than any square boxes I have ever dealt with and I also put one over a lamp sometimes to get it going faster on the slow starting ones. 

Anyway, I realized after reading this thread that I didn't have a china made one in this color combo.  With the talk here, I decided to go back and buy one today. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!  The pictures so far do not do it justice. Mine flows like a USA made one of yesteryear- tons of snaking, stretching, serpentine flow (including top to bottom serpentine), etc. I have hundreds of lamps and don't even have a USA made Clear/Blue that flows this well....

Full disclosure, I had to use a 60watt (GE Reveal) bulb to get it going- it is extremely slow to start and lazy otherwise (like china ones typically are), so I get it going and then just dim it slightly until I don't lose the amazing flow.

Thats really nice, you had my thinking I was looking at a 90's midnight the flow is that good.

Well, of course I had shit luck with this. I felt hopeful after seeing the other lamps on here, but after only three runs, I have this. The first two runs were amazing. This last run, it ran for about 8 hours and there is all kinds of gunk (dye?) in the wax that was NOT there before.

I'm going to run it a few more times, but this one WILL be going back if the issue doesn't clear up (I bet it won't).

Dang, Erin!  Seems like you get more than your fair share of junk!

I've had mine for two weeks, daily runs, and it's beautiful.  First few runs were sluggish but that is much better.

I have terrible luck with 52oz. Lava Lite lamps. Don't think I've ever had a good one. I still can't tell if this is dye (it wasn't there until the 3rd run tho) or crispy stuff in the coik. It looks terrible. 

Drew,

No new owners of Lava Lite....it is just a name change. The name is an umbrella of sorts to cover all the brands they make and market.

Drew said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service