Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I'm hoping that someone may have a source for the R20 100 watt reflector bulbs for Grandes. All I keep finding are the "white" reflectors, not the "Silver" ones I need. If anyone has a clue, other than eBay, Bulbs.com... please let me know! I've got 3 Grandes just sitting... I'll be forced to sell them if I can't give them light :( Thanks, guys! ~VG

Views: 193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought those were still on back order! Thanks Kempton... now I just gotta find the $$$ to buy some!

I am your knight in shining armor!! There is a place that sells them by the case.

http://www.needabulb.com/Search.aspx?k=100w%20r20

Only problem is they are not frosted, they are clear, but if you use dimmers it wont be a problem.

Cheers!

I'm afraid to buy a case, seeing as how they don't flow. When I dyed them last summer, I'm afraid I ruined the fluid. So I'll order 1 from Lava & try it on all of them, one day @ a time. Thanks for all the info, guys. You're always helpful, no matter how scatterbrained I am!

Okay, found a local electric store, got a R20 100 watt reflector for $1.90! WOW! I couldn't believe how cheap it was! So far, 2 out of the three run terrific. I'll be testing the last one tomorrow... but here's a pic of today's Custom Lime/Yellow & the bulb box. If folks are interested in buying bulbs from me, just give me a yell & I'll figure up packaging & shipping for you.

I found some locally at a pool and spa store.  That buld is commonly still used for that application, but it has a slightly shoter neck than the one that is specified for the grandes. I recall the store called it something else, so take your bulb with to match it up. With the shorter neck the catch is you then have to make adjustments....   I put in my new shorter necked bulbs, and one of my grandes runs just fine as is.  One still did not get hot enough to flow right so I added a socket extender (CATION WITH THIS!)  For that lamp it was fine, perfect solution, but for some it brings the bulb too close to the glass and could break/ burn your lamp.  If neither of these work then you have to adjust the height of the socket in the base of the lamp through the bottom.  good luck
Bulb extenders have cause globe breakage. Bohdan posted about this several months ago. Like you said, the key is don't get the bulb too close to the globe.
Those are AR 20 & are too short. But with some waxes, like yellow, they get plenty hot enough. I tried the extender trick with regular light bulbs a couple years ago, with a homemade reflector shield, no luck. I wouldn't advise an extender on a grande, China glass varies in thickness.

Stephanie Church said:
I found some locally at a pool and spa store.  That buld is commonly still used for that application, but it has a slightly shoter neck than the one that is specified for the grandes. I recall the store called it something else, so take your bulb with to match it up. With the shorter neck the catch is you then have to make adjustments....   I put in my new shorter necked bulbs, and one of my grandes runs just fine as is.  One still did not get hot enough to flow right so I added a socket extender (CATION WITH THIS!)  For that lamp it was fine, perfect solution, but for some it brings the bulb too close to the glass and could break/ burn your lamp.  If neither of these work then you have to adjust the height of the socket in the base of the lamp through the bottom.  good luck

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service