Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Successfully Filtered My Mediterranean Consort Globe

I'm pumped!  

What used to be a cloudy, but flowing Mediterranean/Consort globe is now clear, AND it's flowing the same as before!

I wasn't going to filter it, but the cloudiness was really starting to get in the way of watching the lava flow.  I decided that if filtering screwed up the flow, I'd goo kit it yellow.  I'm happy to say, no goo kitting will be necessary.

I used the MSR Gravity Autoflow.  I can't praise it enough!

Finally, I did not touch the wax - just filtered the liquid.

Here are the before and after pictures.  While the before picture doesn't look too bad, believe me, the cloudiness had gotten worse after this picture was taken.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Views: 367

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL - You know me!

I do! ;) I know lamps are in good hands in your home...

That's a nice compliment.  Thanks, Erin!  You have a great Sunday!

There is one out there right now, Erin and Kirk, actually two, but one is priced "whew."   The other needs help, and is not only cloudy, it looks like the wax is "deceased."   But I am a semi-noob and you might be able to do CPR.   LOL

Kirk said:

I got lucky on this one.  I have it on again this morning - just love it!  Makes me want to find some more that need fixin'.  Thanks for all your encouragement!

You too, friend!

Kirk said:

That's a nice compliment.  Thanks, Erin!  You have a great Sunday!

I've seen the $400 one. I'm not one to pay those kind-of prices for lamps, but I would never tell someone NOT to pay that if they really wanted it, ya' know?

I might pay $125 for the other one, but I'm at a 50-50 success rate with fixing lamps. If I *knew* I could fix it and I liked these kinds of lamps, I'd get it. I've never been much into the Consort-style lamps simply because most of them are in such bad shape. 

Marley's Ghost said:

There is one out there right now, Erin and Kirk, actually two, but one is priced "whew."   The other needs help, and is not only cloudy, it looks like the wax is "deceased."   But I am a semi-noob and you might be able to do CPR.   LOL

Kirk said:

I got lucky on this one.  I have it on again this morning - just love it!  Makes me want to find some more that need fixin'.  Thanks for all your encouragement!

Yep, those are the ones I was referring to, Erin.  ;-)   Didn't know if the lower priced one could be revived or not.  But after the job Kirk did on his, I bet he could get it going.  I'm not  paying that big price for a lamp either.  It would have to be one I REALLY loved and I'd have to eat the invoice to keep hubby from seeing it. 

I don't know what they are called, but I do like those lamps that are straight tubes and on a wooden base with a metal rod from the wood to the base of the globe.  I've seen pictures of them on here and on ebay.

I wouldn't pay that much for either one.  :>)

Imagine the Fantasia I could buy for $400!  The $125 price is more reasonable, but still too high IMO.  For fixing, I'd like to get them under $100, if possible.

Thanks for the tips, Libby.

Erin said:

I've seen the $400 one. I'm not one to pay those kind-of prices for lamps, but I would never tell someone NOT to pay that if they really wanted it, ya' know?

I might pay $125 for the other one, but I'm at a 50-50 success rate with fixing lamps. If I *knew* I could fix it and I liked these kinds of lamps, I'd get it. I've never been much into the Consort-style lamps simply because most of them are in such bad shape. 

Marley's Ghost said:

Kirk said:

Kirk, I pretty much figured you all had seen both those lamps and since they didn't go "poof" off ebay, you probably didn't want them.  I avoid any lamp that has stayed there a while, cause I know you gurus would already have it.  :-)

For 400 bucks you could get a gorgeous Fantasia, but are there "any" you don't have?  hahaha

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service