Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I removed the thread containing the tutorial, after receiving two threatening and strange emails.  One  today and one on Monday.  Why people can't just enjoy sharing information and have to start drama is beyond me.  I want no part of it.

I don't want to post the file on my personal website.

If a forum moderator or admin wants it to repost, let me know and I can forward it to you.

I removed my real name and email, to discourage drama queens from contacting me outside of this forum.

Views: 382

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well that's weird

I don't have time to play games with crazy people.  

What the hell? That’s not cool at all

iThe meme was intended toward those that complained

I feel a little bad, since I’m not sure what tutorial it was you removed. I’m not a moderator, but would be more than happy to post it under my account assuming there’s no objectionable content. The mere idea that an online threat caused content to be removed from this site bothers me.

I have been a radio personalty and public figure for most of my adult life.  I have dealt with my share of drama queens and crazy people who like to stir a pot just because they can.  Now that I am older, I try to avoid that stuff whenever possible. Just not worth it.  

BaBa-Gooey- First off I want to say that I love the name! Incredibly creative, wish I would have thought of it... Definitely made me chuckle!
Second I've had a couple run-ins with people being buttholes just because they know more and want to take a shot at you when they get a chance. So I understand where you are coming from. I actually got a chance to check out your tutorial and I was very intrigued. I wish I would have gotten a chance to print it off before you took it down.
Don't let the haters get to you...
They just wish they figured it out first:)

Hope all is well!

Hey Baba, just hit'em with the hiiiiine next time :) (huge Howard Stern fan here)

Were they users here on OG that sent you these messages? I'm a admin and if your being harassed I can stop that. Send me a DM of the emails you got and from who and I can look into for you. IMO, your post is perfectly fine here on our boards and was glad to grab a copy of the pdf before you took it down :)

That's too bad, it was a very well written and interesting tutorial. Sorry I know its none of my business but I'm amazed you got threatening emails over it. I mean what the heck was there in the tutorial to even threaten over? Ugh, it truly amazes me what some people will have a fit over or consider it under their purview and assume they have the right to demand, threaten, or otherwise control.  Especially considering often the people doing the threatening aren't teens/children but adults. 

It even had a proper disclaimer. 

The would know this if they had actually read it to the end,

They had no business saying anything-

James K. said:

That's too bad, it was a very well written and interesting tutorial. Sorry I know its none of my business but I'm amazed you got threatening emails over it. I mean what the heck was there in the tutorial to even threaten over? Ugh, it truly amazes me what some people will have a fit over or consider it under their purview and assume they have the right to demand, threaten, or otherwise control.  Especially considering often the people doing the threatening aren't teens/children but adults. 

I cannot imagine a reason people would even have for doing this! I won't pry for details on what, exactly, was said, but I'm curious as to whether the nastiness seemed to be related to the tutorial, or whether it was the general "troll everyone mercilessly" think the internet-at-large loves so much. Either way, for shame!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service