Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hey Guys,

Got two different questions and didn’t see any point in making two new discussions.

While I was in the attic today looking for the Christmas stuff I came across two lava lamps id forgotten about, they are mini lava lamps made by lava world which I bought cheap years ago and they have been in the attic for a good few years. The bottles have gone really cloudy with the heat in the summer (don’t laugh) heating the wax and just wanted to know what’s the best way to clear them up. The lava flows fine and id like to take them into work as it seems a shame to waste them, so if anyone’s got any tips please let me know.

Second question is about my 3 in 1 astro, I'm running it on a clear lamp and I’m finding the lava is flowing 90miles an hour with loads of small blobs of lava going up and down all the time. Is it running too hot and if so would running it on a 30w reflector lamp be ok?

Cheers guys
Dan

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Guys, Thanks for the replies, it’s definitely just a standard golf ball lamp in the Astro as I put it in myself lol! I'll try a 30w lamp and see if it makes a difference. With the mini lava lamps the bottles are sealed so I can’t open them and it’s just not worth the effort filtering them, would the 4 hours on/off method be worth trying?

All the best
Dan
Hey Guys,

Tried a 30w reflector lamp in the Astro 3 in 1 and its flowing much more smoother now, took a bit longer to get going but i can live with that! Also running my Astro metallics on 30w lamps too, read on here that its better for them, just love the flow on the metallics too!

All the best
Dan

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service