Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

this is at a local store with a hold on it for me... but i cant quite tell if thats supposed to be a white lava / blue liquid that has the lava faded to a slight yellow near the base, or if this is the yellow lava / blue liquid one.... any guesses?

also, any guesses as to the year that this one was made?

Views: 255

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's actually hard to tell, but you can remove the globe from the base and look at the wax at the bottom and you will be able to see if it is yellow.  Either way it looks like a fine lamp. I would tend to guess it's newer because of the depth of the blue color.  In this picture it doesn't look faded at all.

WHat's the price

ANd it looks white because the blobs at the top turned blue

I would say it is a blue and white with the white slightly discolored and the blue redyed a bit.

Agreed, the wax is probably discolored. The bulb can't give it a yellow look too

Gwen Williams said:

I would say it is a blue and white with the white slightly discolored and the blue redyed a bit.

YEah looks to be in good condition

It's a white/blue, probably 80s-early 90s, not redyed, in excellent shape!

ok, finally got the lamp this past weekend... the wax is pretty much just faded / burned white wax that has turned a brownish yellow... im not worried about it, it still looks cool running! it is REALLY bubbly/foamy though, almost like it has soap in it or something. also the wax detached from 3/4 of the coil last night and just sat as one giant blob on the side/bottom for an hour or so before i turned it off....
Im going to try a few unproven methods of clearing it up next week and if nothing works, I maaaaay be doing my first goo-kit on this one ;)

also, looked up through the side of the globe towards the top and saw a faint sticker under the cap that reads AUG 1991 so i guess i got my answer on the date there haha!

edit: talked them down to $30 on this one

Not a bad price.  The detached wax could have been from overheating if it had been on for several hours.  If you are using the bulb that it came with you might want to check to see if it is 40 watt.  It may have a higher wattage bulb in it.

Jamie said:

ok, finally got the lamp this past weekend... the wax is pretty much just faded / burned white wax that has turned a brownish yellow... im not worried about it, it still looks cool running! it is REALLY bubbly/foamy though, almost like it has soap in it or something. also the wax detached from 3/4 of the coil last night and just sat as one giant blob on the side/bottom for an hour or so before i turned it off....
Im going to try a few unproven methods of clearing it up next week and if nothing works, I maaaaay be doing my first goo-kit on this one ;)

also, looked up through the side of the globe towards the top and saw a faint sticker under the cap that reads AUG 1991 so i guess i got my answer on the date there haha!

edit: talked them down to $30 on this one

bulb is a clear 40watt a15... i put a frosted 40watt in there last night and thats when it became detached... oh well. Ill try the swirl method tonight

How long was it on before it detached?

Jamie said:

bulb is a clear 40watt a15... i put a frosted 40watt in there last night and thats when it became detached... oh well. Ill try the swirl method tonight

took and hour and a half to 2 hours to warm up and spike, got flowing perfect after about 3 and seperated at about 4 and a half hours from initial switch on

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service