Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

So even with the knowledge I have sadly learned on newly manufactured lava lamps now a days is crap. I bought a Mini Lava Rocket..Regardless,  I for one am sick of it. I as most of working people all over the world are tired  of busting our butts to pay house bills, insurances and medical bills and food/fuel. So the little or big things we treat ourselves  to that we hope will give to us a lifetime of enjoyment and maybe be passed on down to our children or hey if needed resold has ceased to exist.  Many items now.. like our lava lamps are suffering due to corporate greed, lack or concern of quality control and final product. And heck why not... now they got us by the ____ and selling us this crap has us buying goo kits too. where does it end... so out of pure frustration and a heed to others who wont be buying this lamp with prior knowledge to its inability to perform without further investment of a spare bottle or goo kit. They are laughing all the way to the bank with our hard earned checks filling it. This was my review on the Mini lava Rocket. 

http://www.amazon.com/review/R13HUGBXKL6CPT/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_asr_8omB...

attached is photo of mini rocket

Views: 690

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm hoping for $60 - $75 for a new Astro. We'll see! I would also love a few new color combos. :)
funny... I was doing a good look see at the mathmos on line store just a bit ago. Figuring costs of what pricing is over there then our cost on top of shipping . I do hope the pricing is at very least close to UKs cost of ownership. When they do open I have high hopes of adding quite a few to my collection , not only a couple a year like what Dr. What stated. I wonder if they fully understand  to the fullest extent of our pure frustration on most of these new lamps and their manufacturers  today and how  many of us are practically on the edge of our seats with anticipation of their arrival. I have no doubt our pricing will exceed those in the UK, but to what extent... we will very soon see.......
I am right there with ya Erin... Doel says I am gonna burn a hole in my screen staring at the Mathmos Lamps...this is soooo not to say I will stop enjoying every thing else I own.. well most everything...

LOL Do you have any Mathmos lamps yet? I have one Mathmos Jet that I re-wired for the US. It needs a dimmer though. I wonder how they are going to handle the power/heat issue since their lamps don't operate on the same kind of bulbs. 

I'm thinking purple/orange for my first purchase...

kiramarie said:

I am right there with ya Erin... Doel says I am gonna burn a hole in my screen staring at the Mathmos Lamps...this is soooo not to say I will stop enjoying every thing else I own.. well most everything...
I feel shame on the stores that keep pushing them also, they to have to get it right... Amazon, Spencers and Ebay.. greed across the board.

Ford Prefect - NPNG said:

Modern LL lamps are not for the discerning collector. they are cheap and nasty - you get what you pay for.

I would never own one even if they did clear their globes up simply on principal. Living in the UK allows me that luxury and soon you will be able to choose which manufacturer you buy from as well without having to pay high shipping! hurrahh!!

OK so we all know Mathmos are more expensive but its like come on, LL do not deserve your hard earned cash cos they dont give a single solitary sh*t about their customers

I have a O1 fireflow with broken glass so I wonder if they'll offer parts too.
Looks like the store will open September...but they wont have any lava lamps on the site for another month.

Erin said:
I cannot WAIT to purchase my first Mathmos. September can't come soon enough. :) I'm still debating what color to pick...

Living in the UK allows me that luxury and soon you will be able to choose which manufacturer you buy from as well without having to pay high shipping! hurrahh!!

No I dont... we have begun to dig through the boxes stashed away  in hopes there might of been one in there but alas.. no.

what is the new American location going to be for Mathmos.. September.. just in time for my birthday... yaaa

Autumn said:

Looks like the store will open September...but they wont have any lava lamps on the site for another month.

Erin said:
I cannot WAIT to purchase my first Mathmos. September can't come soon enough. :) I'm still debating what color to pick...

Living in the UK allows me that luxury and soon you will be able to choose which manufacturer you buy from as well without having to pay high shipping! hurrahh!!

I can't understand why any of those stores would carry LL stuff anymore. Their return rate must be so high. And all the resellers on eBay. Ugh. I feel bad for them. 

kiramarie said:
I feel shame on the stores that keep pushing them also, they to have to get it right... Amazon, Spencers and Ebay.. greed across the board.

Yeah Dennis from d4 electronics knows this all too well. I've bought plenty of non-working lamps off him so it's amazing that anyone who sells LL still just hasn't giving up on them. Places like Walmart and target etc. deal with returns on a hourly basis so it's nothnig new to them. But the smaller guys have to be beyond frustrated.

Erin said:

I can't understand why any of those stores would carry LL stuff anymore. Their return rate must be so high. And all the resellers on eBay. Ugh. I feel bad for them. 

kiramarie said:

I used to feel bad, but then I think like this.. When I re sell items at my flea market site and soon ETSY it is my job to do research and know what it is I am selling and be straight and honest.  Not always this is possible but at least I try. I want people to keep coming back and tell their friends.. these stores and sites and many ebay sellers  hear our complaint but turn a blind eye many of them... not all but many     if they cared they could find out.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service