Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

So even with the knowledge I have sadly learned on newly manufactured lava lamps now a days is crap. I bought a Mini Lava Rocket..Regardless,  I for one am sick of it. I as most of working people all over the world are tired  of busting our butts to pay house bills, insurances and medical bills and food/fuel. So the little or big things we treat ourselves  to that we hope will give to us a lifetime of enjoyment and maybe be passed on down to our children or hey if needed resold has ceased to exist.  Many items now.. like our lava lamps are suffering due to corporate greed, lack or concern of quality control and final product. And heck why not... now they got us by the ____ and selling us this crap has us buying goo kits too. where does it end... so out of pure frustration and a heed to others who wont be buying this lamp with prior knowledge to its inability to perform without further investment of a spare bottle or goo kit. They are laughing all the way to the bank with our hard earned checks filling it. This was my review on the Mini lava Rocket. 

http://www.amazon.com/review/R13HUGBXKL6CPT/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_asr_8omB...

attached is photo of mini rocket

Views: 691

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You're not wrong, two completely different shades of purple, they clearly need new designers for their package art... for starters they attempted to take a 20 oz stock photo and mock it into a Century-looking based 32 oz lamp that looks nothing like a real 32 oz base. I mean, like I said... this packaging blows the previous re-design out of the water.
I really wish they'd quit using these images altogether. It's all you see on their website. And the real product looks so much different than the picture on the box. False advertising, I say. You CAN take a good image of their lamps, even the ones from China - I've done it! 

LLD said:
You're not wrong, two completely different shades of purple, they clearly need new designers for their package art... for starters they attempted to take a 20 oz stock photo and mock it into a Century-looking based 32 oz lamp that looks nothing like a real 32 oz base. I mean, like I said... this packaging blows the previous re-design out of the water.
Exactly, some of their stock images date back to 2003 too. Not to fire up another Mathmos V LL, BUT, I can appreciate that their stock photos are first taken from life and are taken of the individual products. Those blob patterns in the LL stock photos have been around forever. It's time for some fresh images. I mean, that purple lamp is a blatant example of their variation from product and packaging.

Exactly. It's going to be very apparent that what you pull from the box is NOT what's on the box. ;)

Lamphead took some decent pics of the new red/white - why can't they use images like that? Even on their Facebook page, there's NEVER an actual picture of their lamps. Well, not from them anyway. 

LLD said:

Exactly, some of their stock images date back to 2003 too. Not to fire up another Mathmos V LL, BUT, I can appreciate that their stock photos are first taken from life and are taken of the individual products. Those blob patterns in the LL stock photos have been around forever. It's time for some fresh images. I mean, that purple lamp is a blatant example of their variation from product and packaging.
Why pay a photographer when you can photoshop :(

Erin said:

Exactly. It's going to be very apparent that what you pull from the box is NOT what's on the box. ;)

Lamphead took some decent pics of the new red/white - why can't they use images like that? Even on their Facebook page, there's NEVER an actual picture of their lamps. Well, not from them anyway. 

LLD said:

Whats funny is that it takes longer to photoshop something, then it does to photograph something. Apparently this is not the only thing LL has cut back on.

Keith said:
Why pay a photographer when you can photoshop :(

Erin said:

LLD said:

What they really need is a graphic artist that is passionate about Lava.  The right person could then turn Lavalite back into the company we want it to be. hehe

Dr. WHAT?! said:
Whats funny is that it takes longer to photoshop something, then it does to photograph something. Apparently this is not the only thing LL has cut back on.
lol I already tried to put my name in for consideration when they told me there wasn't going to be a catalog this year. They said it was too expensive.
They said it was too expensive.
That just sums it up in one - lava world are just out to make a quick buck and have completely left many essential aspects of there product and business behind. All they are riding on is the success that they had when they were making lamps in the USA.

The thing is that say Lava Lite stayed the same as they were and not moved to china and another lava lamp company started up and made the rubbish that LL is pushing then they wouldn't survive at all because it would be no good - they only have the brand and nostalgia which is holding them up.

And that nostalgia is BARELY holding them up. As soon as you start doing any research on Lava World/Lite/Simplex/Internationalwhateveryouwanttocallit you see the quality has gone to shit. When I started collecting last year, within one day of searching the Internet I had all the info I needed to know not to purchase another one.

There's no way any serious collectors consider buying more than a handful of these. I think Lava World are just hoping for individual sales to the unsuspecting non-enthusiast. Anyone who has ONE older US-made lava lamp can tell these aren't the same quality. 

Ding, ding, ding - we have a winner.  Lava Lite wasn't thinking of us collectors when they started outsourcing, they were thinking of market share.  They weren't going to boost their profits by keeping us happy.  They needed to tap a new subset of consumers for their product.  Unfortunately, this new subset does not share our passion for lava lamps.  They may give one a "try", but therein lies the problem.  Their research likely toggled a bunch of pricing scenarios and they found one that appealed to these new customers.  Unwilling to "try" a silver streak/midnight at $55, but how can you go wrong these days?  You get a bigger 52 ounce lamp at nearly 1/3 of the cost of the smaller one.  Its a bargain and why not try one. 

Loyalty didn't enter the equation though.  While they may succeed in putting a lava lamp in every house, they won't be able to place a second lamp.  Its that whole fool me once thing...

Erin said:

There's no way any serious collectors consider buying more than a handful of these. I think Lava World are just hoping for individual sales to the unsuspecting non-enthusiast. Anyone who has ONE older US-made lava lamp can tell these aren't the same quality. 

ya it probably is breaking them with growing lack of lamps being sold due to the knowledge their lamps are crap and refunds 

if they do offer them.. ...

Dr. WHAT?! said:

lol I already tried to put my name in for consideration when they told me there wasn't going to be a catalog this year. They said it was too expensive.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service