Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Umm...

Umm...

...Is anybody else thinking what I'm thinking?

Views: 2567

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Loren!!!   You made you and amber metallic base and orange one just like mine!   Wow, I love those tall bottles too, but I don't understand why they won't fit into your bases, if they are the same diameter??   I need to look at one of mine to see if tapers any at the bottom.

BTW, you can buy those bottles Phil mentioned for 94.00 bucks and change for two dozen bottes, any size.  That is not counting shipping!    That's not a bad price at all.

i wonder if the bottles are safe to take the heating from the lamp.  

another company with similar bottles is Vero.  

what is the ideal dimension for a bottle to work on those bases?

maybe a very fine grit sandpaper or polishing pad

Critter said:

How will you get that horrid label off of the glass? Nice bottle for sure.

Critter

if you order, make sure you are not getting the frosted glass ones.  they have different cap colors too depending on what the bottle is used for (sparkling or non)

Marley's Ghost said:

Loren!!!   You made you and amber metallic base and orange one just like mine!   Wow, I love those tall bottles too, but I don't understand why they won't fit into your bases, if they are the same diameter??   I need to look at one of mine to see if tapers any at the bottom.

BTW, you can buy those bottles Phil mentioned for 94.00 bucks and change for two dozen bottes, any size.  That is not counting shipping!    That's not a bad price at all.

The voss bottles won't fit in my bases because the globes they use are all recessed at the bottom. ;-) Take a look at one that you got from me, lib, and you'll see what I mean. I have a glass grinder that I use for stained glass making...I wonder...

I am going to try ethyl acetate on the bottle, to try and get the ink off. Maybe that will work? I am afraid to use an abrasive.

If I am not mistaken, this bottle should be ok when heated by a bulb. The lamps it would sit on would likely only have a 25-30 watt bulb in it anyway.

This bottle is the perfect dimensions, but it needs to have a recessed base to fit in these bases of mine. I'm afraid to grind it down, as that would make a big rift in the thickness of the glass right there at the bottom.

U could leave the label on...... Mysterious lava from Norway :-)
Loren said:

The voss bottles won't fit in my bases because the globes they use are all recessed at the bottom. ;-) Take a look at one that you got from me, lib, and you'll see what I mean. I have a glass grinder that I use for stained glass making...I wonder...

I am going to try ethyl acetate on the bottle, to try and get the ink off. Maybe that will work? I am afraid to use an abrasive.

If I am not mistaken, this bottle should be ok when heated by a bulb. The lamps it would sit on would likely only have a 25-30 watt bulb in it anyway.

This bottle is the perfect dimensions, but it needs to have a recessed base to fit in these bases of mine. I'm afraid to grind it down, as that would make a big rift in the thickness of the glass right there at the bottom.

Right where it takes all the heat too.  I see what you mean now, Loren....it don't need any glass removed from that area.

the vero bottles are tapered (narrower at bottom, slightly wider at top), i wonder if those would work.  as i recall thou they were somewhat fragile, i would see them broken right out of the shipping case

i have worked at places that used both those companies product

The vero and natura bottles both look good, though the natura's shoulders are a bit low, and they both seem to have non screw cap lids...am I wrong about that? It's hard to tell from the pictures I'm seeing in a google image search.

At this point I'm just thinking about putting this on some other type of base, rather than trying to mod it to fit my bases.

I wish that someone with a jet would get a bottle of this crappy water and try it out though. LOL! The water's actually not too bad if you put some kind of flavoring in it, but it tastes like baking soda just plain. @_@

Which kind of water, Loren?   I have two Jets, a Cresty Lava Jet and a Mathmos Glitter Jet, both with the old metal/plastic bases.   Don't know if we have any "exotic" water around here.  Would Wally World have it?

I got that at WalMart, yep!

10-4, I'll take my base with me, and try to find a few different bottles of that water and try them in the Jets.   I ain't drinking that crap water though if it tastes like "sodie".......lol    I'll stick to my pure mtn. "moonshine makin" spring water.   LOL   You do want the screw caps though, don't you?  I'll see what I can find.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service