Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

What are everyone's thoughs on the current Rainbow lavas?

I found some older discussions about the Rainbows and the comments seemed mixed though many were made before the things actually became available.  Of course they are out now and still available at retail.  I found a few at a discount store for about $21 each which seems reasonable.  Has anyone had one for a while?  Does the multi-color overlay on the base and cap last or crack or peel?  Does the coloring on the globe last or does it come off or fade?  They certainly are different than most. 

Views: 263

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They, like most newer Lava Lites, are hit and miss. Generally, these seem to be OK. I had one and it was perfect, actually. I gave it away (kicking myself for that now). I don't think the globes have issues, but they might be prone to the wax sticking around the base, like the Neons. 

You should be able to get them at Spencer's for under $25 and less with a coupon. 

To date, I don't know too many people here who have them. 

I have fortunately had pretty good luck with recently manufactured lamps.  I only kept one and it is one of the best flowing lamps I've seen, old or new.  I bought many others and gave them away as gifts but I test ran them all first and they all performed pretty well, even the one little Accent I bought with which a lot of people seem to have trouble. 

The store in question which has them for $21 has multiples of them so if I got one and it was bad, I could always exchange it for another and hope for the best.

I have two rainbows, a regular one and a bob marley one. I got them both when they first came out and I have had no problems with either of them. I like them both.

They are kind of different and I like their colorfulness.

I think they look pretty cool.  I like how the wax changes colors as it flows.  There was a Marley lamp near me for cheap, I was tempted to snag but the drive to get it kinda crushes the deal when you get 14mpg...

The place I can pick them up is right on my way home from work so that part is a no brainer.  They also have a Grande on the discount shelf and it's been there for months.  I'm just waiting for them to give it a steeper discount yet.

I got the Galactic off Craigslist but had to drive almost 50 miles each way in the GTO so it ended up costing me a bit more than it would appear, but the price so so very attractive I just couldn't pass it up.  Besides, I hadn't driven the GTO since last October or November so I was nice to get out in a nice car.

Havent got a new LL rainbow lamp, they do look like a lot better improvement on the last one which was not that exciting.

I have the old LL rainbow lamp and it is not bad - painting the base does make it more interesting then the usual silver finish to it.

My only complaint regarding the base is that its too busy for the globe.  Actually love the design of the graphic on the base (spider webbish), love the globe... just don't like them together.  My rainbow globe was shifted to a Princess base and has since moved onto a black Wizard base.  I feel a clear/<name your color> globe would look best on the rainbow base.

Tim Gill said:

Havent got a new LL rainbow lamp, they do look like a lot better improvement on the last one which was not that exciting.

I have the old LL rainbow lamp and it is not bad - painting the base does make it more interesting then the usual silver finish to it.

I have the first generation that was made in 2008, and the current. Both are wonderfully great, the wax is a little stiff in the first one, and the other just needs a little more wax.
I like mine, however the one that Spencer's has on display at the mall has completely lost the blue and some of the green color in the globe.. I think as long as the lamp isn't left on for extreme periods of time it will stay nice.
I have a turquoise and clear globe I put on the rainbow base and it looks amazing.
They are ok

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service