Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I have a wizard glitter lamp that the glitter is so fine you can barely see it .  I was wondering does anyone

know a good brand of glitter to use.  I thought I would try to dump some in and see if that works. Also how much do you use.

Thanks for any direction on this matter. June.  

Views: 198

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, I did see this, and will consider it as an option.

You can definitely get replacement glitter. Unfortunately I can't tell you where though, because I don't know :(

Check out Kirk's thread here though, and you'll see the large variety of glitter flakes he used in both his slow and fast lamps: http://oozinggoo.ning.com/forum/topics/fast-glitter-formula-discove...

He also sent me glitter before which I've used as a replacement in vintage glitter lamps, including Wizards. Unfortuately Kirk hasn't been around for a while though. Hoping he's alright?

Thanks, The liquid in the lamp is nice and clear and I have looked at videos about redoing glitter lamps but the type and amount of glitter are pretty vague. I will check it out.

Mark said:

You can definitely get replacement glitter. Unfortunately I can't tell you where though, because I don't know :(

Check out Kirk's thread here though, and you'll see the large variety of glitter flakes he used in both his slow and fast lamps: http://oozinggoo.ning.com/forum/topics/fast-glitter-formula-discove...

He also sent me glitter before which I've used as a replacement in vintage glitter lamps, including Wizards. Unfortuately Kirk hasn't been around for a while though. Hoping he's alright?

Ok, since it's a blizzare here in Nebraska I took the bottle cap off my old wizare glitter lamp, it also has a plug and smells like Formaldehyde so I am leaving it alone. Just wondering if this liquid is dangerous.  When and if I get some glitter for it just wondering if I should replace all of it as was previously suggested and how should I dispose of this stuff.

June C Flesner-Becker said:

Thanks, The liquid in the lamp is nice and clear and I have looked at videos about redoing glitter lamps but the type and amount of glitter are pretty vague. I will check it out.

Mark said:

Thanks, Marcel, probably why the glitter that is in it is so faded and practically dissolved. Do you then clean the bottle with soap and water. Quess, this project will wait until warmer weather. We do have a recyling places here that are free for this type of stuff.  Thanks again for your help and will probably be ordering a replacement fluid from you.

Marcel said:

As I said before, balancing a liquid to a glitter is not just putting two things together.
The possibility that it will work to put glitter in it you bought at a decoration store is ~1-10%.
The glitter has to be resistant to the liquid too.
Most very old lava and glitter bottles use toxic stuff, you should open it outside and poor it into a plastic bottle.
In germany we can go to a recycling center for free.

Ok, since it's a blizzare here in Nebraska I took the bottle cap off my old wizare glitter lamp, it also has a plug and smells like Formaldehyde so I am leaving it alone. Just wondering if this liquid is dangerous.  When and if I get some glitter for it just wondering if I should replace all of it as was previously suggested and how should I dispose of this stuff.

Mark said:

I would go with Kirk if possible.  

Thanks, I will consider that also.

Critter said:

I would go with Kirk if possible.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service