Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I bought a Fludium Grande last week. When i bought it i thought that the chance of it beeing cloudy was very high, so in the order i made it clear for them that i wanted them to check the lamp before they shipped and make sure it wasnt cloudy or had any defects.

Then a few days ago i received the lamp, and it was, as i could have expected, very cloudy.. So i wrote to them the following:

"I just today received my new lava lamp from you. However im really dissapointed as the lamp is so cloudy in the water that i cant see anything in it at all. The quality is not what i expected for such an expensive lamp.
What should we do ? I can send you some pictures of it if you want."

To which they replied:

"Good Morning Mr.Jørgensen,

i´m sorry if you have any problems with this item.

If we should make a claim we have to have the item here to send it to the manufacturer.

Best Regards - Michael Baur"

What would you reply here ? The thing that gets to me is that i DID write to them that they should chcek the lamp for this exact defect before they shipped it.. Which they either didnt or did and ignored. I would have expected something else, like a return of half the money or something.

But what do you think i should reply ?

Views: 503

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ask for a returns label.

Yep, return it. That'll send the message loud and clear. I don't mess around with this kind of stuff anymore. This is my hard-earned money and if a product is crap, I return it. 

They just replied again.. I asked them to send me a return label:

"Hello Mr.Jørgensen,

unfortunately we haven´t return labels for your country.

If we should make a claim to the manucaturer you have to send the item to us regular way.."

What the crap? >:( So there's no way to return this item? Who did you buy it from?

Da9L said:

They just replied again.. I asked them to send me a return label:

"Hello Mr.Jørgensen,

unfortunately we haven´t return labels for your country.

If we should make a claim to the manucaturer you have to send the item to us regular way.."

This page:

http://www.primasound.de

They also have a ebay store

And yes this is certanly not what i have expected.. They just make it my problem that they didnt care to read what i wrote to them in the first place..

And since the shop is from germany i dont know anything about their laws regarding this kind of issue, so i cant use that against him

So, there is no way to initiate a return? 

As it seems he wants ME to return it for my own costs.. Which is unacceptable.. But i just found  a number to the European Consumer Centre, which i will call tommorow and hear out what kind of options i have.

http://www.consumereurope.dk/Consumer-rights/Right-of-complaint/Defect

That stinks Daniel. I don't know what to tell you. Some places do require you to pay return shipping. Good luck and keep us posted. 

Yep it stinks, but somewhere its my own fault.. I should afterall have learned that those china lamps is cloudy.. But i will keep you informed!

At least other people here will now know what kind of service this shop has ..

I'm hesitant to buy from any unknown place with a sketchy return policy. Just not worth the hassle. You could always GooKit it!

Thats my plan if this isnt going to work out :) Not sure of the combo yet though.. Any suggestions ?

Erin said:

I'm hesitant to buy from any unknown place with a sketchy return policy. Just not worth the hassle. You could always GooKit it!

Green liquid, yellow wax. :) OR, green liquid, orange wax. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service