Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I finally got myself a Wizard glitter (yay!) in red liquid, and the cap code is not 32WG, but its not just 32. It says 32W, and the glitter is not in little silver squares, it is little silver hexagons. It is definitely USA, but looking through the lava library it says the wizards have little squares, and the cap code should just be 32. Also, the glitter likes to get stuck to the bottom after a little while of it being on, and so there is only half of the glitter swirling around inside. The liquid looks like it is lower than usual. Help?

Views: 1689

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All lamps do leak somewhat, even lava I've noticed but its mostly evaporation and very slow

I don't know to be sure. I do however know that the fumes that come off Teflon is very bad for dogs

Everyone here is sniffing solvents...

Fortunately,  I don't have any Teflon, but thanks for telling me that!   I'm worried about these lamps now though.  This pup started getting sick about the time I got my first few lamps.   Maybe I'm paranoid, but my canine babies are more important than a lamp.  We best get off Ian's thread too.......LOL

That's what my glitter looks like. Hex shape. then inside the cap u can see where the solvent has slowly evaporated over time. turned it kinda black. It still has I very full level of fluid in the globe tho

It is hex shaped, but neither of mine are.  I don't understand how evaporation occured over time, but the fluid level don't drop.

LOL, Autumn, I didn't get my snout close to it.  I'm afraid to now!  

Autumn said:

Everyone here is sniffing solvents...

The hex shaped glitters are real US made globes. Just another random thing LavaLite did, I have seen them in red and either blue or teal globes. I have 2 GemLites with different sized glitter squares and bases made differently, same lamp but not..lol.

I have noticed most of my glitters will smell around the cap, its just a common thing even though they are not leaking.

I trust ya! You know your lava!
LampHead said:

The hex shaped glitters are real US made globes. Just another random thing LavaLite did, I have seen them in red and either blue or teal globes. I have 2 GemLites with different sized glitter squares and bases made differently, same lamp but not..lol.

I have noticed most of my glitters will smell around the cap, its just a common thing even though they are not leaking.

Now Critter, Trev, Autumn and I were apparently the only ones still up, and I am on EST.  LOL   We might have needed to be sniffing solvents at that hour!   :-)     I am staying far away from my Wizards now........

Thanks, lamphead, that hex glitter was freaking me out.  I didn't know it was made.  lol   Now I'll have to check my Gemlite!

I sniffed too much solvent filtering the blue dye out of my yellow that I attempted to dye green. God that was a mess. After many attempts, it's green. I'm worried about the residual effects. As for fumes hurting pets, not sure how much dogs are affected but for birds it can be deadly. They have very small respiratory systems. 

So upon closer inspection with a flashlight, 6 of mine are hexed. Yellow 37W, Blue 31W, Clear 30W, Pink 34W, Purple 33W and Teal is a mix and much smaller. Hmmmm odd.

I guess if I were OCD I would have noticed this detail sooner. XD  Years range from 00-08.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service