Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

 So I have this lamp that i love. But it takes a 35 watt bulb, and its near impossible to find them. I have a 30 watt, which only makes the wax form an exaggerated dome shape. a 40 watt is too hot and most blobs hang out at the top. Would it be possible to keep the 40 watt, but add  small amount of dish soap thus making the liquid less dense and lowering the flow? Just an idea.

Views: 183

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd probably opt for a dimmer. That would be the easiest option without opening up the lamp. 


I think dish soap breaks up the wax, not changes the density. 

Im most likely buying a cheap dimmer, but Im just kinda seeing if theres a way to fix my lamp for free. I think yore right buy the way, now that you mention it, I do remember reading that.

Fine-tuning the liquid density can be very hard. I'd opt for the dimmer. 

Good luck!

Dish soap wont change the density of the fluid it will only make it more bloby.

If you wanted to lower the density an idea would be to take out some of the fluid and replace this with DI water.

However I recommend that you just use the 40w bulb and use a dimmer.

Thanks Erin!

And Tim, I think I might try that, but Ill probably just get a dimer.

But I have another lamp and it takes almost 12 hours to heat up to a point where there are multiple blobs. Usually, theres a max of 5. Would you recommend putting a small drop of dish soap in it? 

do you have a picture of this hard to find bulb?

you could also try using the 30wt and putting some aluminum foil around the inside of the base. it raises the temp abit.

Dimmer really is the best option - only try changing the formular / densty when nothing else works.

Scott Campbell said:

Thanks Erin!

And Tim, I think I might try that, but Ill probably just get a dimer.

But I have another lamp and it takes almost 12 hours to heat up to a point where there are multiple blobs. Usually, theres a max of 5. Would you recommend putting a small drop of dish soap in it? 

If you google image Oozy Glo eh-968, its one of the first pictures. Its n Amazon, and its tagged with microwave bulb

Dr. WHAT?! said:

do you have a picture of this hard to find bulb?


tried it, but just for the fun of it ill try again.
lava luva ~ Tiffany said:

you could also try using the 30wt and putting some aluminum foil around the inside of the base. it raises the temp abit.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2020   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service