Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hi everyone

Fairly new collector here and I would like to add a Spencer's Limited Edition Zombie lamp to my collection. I was wondering if someone has one that they would like to part with at a good price. I know this lamp was available back in 2016 and was produced in limited quantities.

The only place I saw one for sale was on ebay and the seller wants $500 for it. No thanks!!!

Views: 705

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you have any Spencer’s locations in less traveled or dead malls nearby, definitely check there. They tend to hold on to older stock longer. I was in a mall back over the summer traveling through MD and found an orange/clear tye-die based 17” lamp from 2015 on the wall, on clearance to boot! Facebook marketplace is another good option. A lot of people on there seem to turn recent lamps over fairly quickly. 

A Spencers employee can plug the SKU # into a computer and tell you which stores have the lamp, if any do.  They can also, depending on location, have it shipped to a store near you.

BaBa-Gooey said:

A Spencers employee can plug the SKU # into a computer and tell you which stores have the lamp, if any do.  They can also, depending on location, have it shipped to a store near you.

Very cool. I'll have to give this a try. I'm almost on a first name basis with the employees at my local Spencer's as most of my lamps have come from there. They recognize me as soon as I walk in.

Well I was able to locate a Zombie Lamp. My local Spencer's managed to get one from another store. Unfortunately it was a display and it is in terrible shape. Cloudy as heck and several small blobs of wax stuck to the glass. If this wasn't a rare lamp, I would have said no thanks.

I tried it earlier tonight and the wax was just sticking and flowing up the side of the glass. Probably burned up from being on for 12-15 hours a day for who knows how long. I think I see a Gookit for this in the future.

Interesting.  I was told, just a few weeks ago, by a Spencer's store manager, that they do not sell display lamps.  

Donald Besaw Jr said:

Well I was able to locate a Zombie Lamp. My local Spencer's managed to get one from another store. Unfortunately it was a display and it is in terrible shape.

I have experience both sides of this. I think it comes down to the discretion of the manager. However, I have been offered display lamps several times in recent memory when my local store(s) did not have anymore new in stock. 

BaBa-Gooey said:

Interesting.  I was told, just a few weeks ago, by a Spencer's store manager, that they do not sell display lamps.  

Donald Besaw Jr said:

Well I was able to locate a Zombie Lamp. My local Spencer's managed to get one from another store. Unfortunately it was a display and it is in terrible shape.

Here is my successfully converted Gookitted zombie lamp.

Took 3 refills to get this right but now I am very happy with the end result.

It looks awesome!

Donald Besaw Jr said:

Here is my successfully converted Gookitted zombie lamp.

Took 3 refills to get this right but now I am very happy with the end result.

Thank you.

If you locate another, keep me in mind, will do a black light bulb with black light reactive Glitter!  Oh, by the way save me some of that chocolate bark snack mix you got there.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service