Create a Ning Network!
Originally purple/yellow but came cloudy, replaced liquid with distiller water and flows with no salt or glycerin or any tinkering for that matter...
Join Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate
This is very interesting. I just replaced a purple/yellow grande and filled with Distilled water. Turned on and waited 5 hours and it needed some additives. The ball of wax was just sitting on bottom and looked solid/unmelted. A little rose and remained at top. Added some sles to reduce surface tension and as a surfactant. This let the wax move a little better but the wax was not melting like it had before i opened. I added a little perc to improve wax flow and give a little more density to it as it was sitting on top. This helped it flow better but since i increased wax density I needed to increase liquid density to balance. I did this by adding glycerine through a syringe until the wax was moving well. It looks great now, but in hindsight I would have added less perc so i didn't have to add so much glycerine (probably about 1/8 cup.)
that looks strangely familiar :) it is also very interesting that you did not have to increase the density of the water for the wax to flow.
Welcome toOozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate
Sign Upor Sign In
By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo
© 2020 Created by Mark Goo.
Report an Issue |
Terms of Service
Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.