It's been awhile, but I really could use all the expert opinions that are available here.....Would anyone care to answer a few for me?
First a little back story...
I purchased this Christmas 2015 a Lava Grande from Amazon, in a yellow wax/blue liquid format with silver base and cap. It arrived to me (NEW OUT OF THE SHIPPING BOX) dark and cloudy (the liquid). I am rather upset about this, and the seller REFUSES to admit one sent me a faulty lamp. One has claimed back that I SHOOK the lamp... well interesting as it had just been jostled around for over a week in shipping, so that couldnt have POSSIBLY SHAKEN IT!!!! Sigh... anyway... I've cycled it about a DOZEN times, and well it's a BIT lighter (the liquid), but it's not clear like it's supposed to be. Or appears in any photos of the lamp online one has seen...
That said, I have read, re-read and contemplated ideas for this grande, including a complete goo change via the goo kit. I'd really like to try and get close to the (green-olive -ish color LAVA ) that Hagerty/Lava Lamp-Lite used in the early 70's, with the matching blue/green liquid. I know...a few may have just rolled ones eyes..but I can hope right??
My questions for one would be.
1. Should I just change out the liquid as instructed by many on here, using the distilled water/ surfactant available from gookits? And leave the new water clear for a rather boring Yellow (LAVA) clear (LIQUID) option?
2. Is it easy or even a good plan TO color the new water? Or should I just measure out the correct amt. of surf and be done with it after letting it warm up, (get flowing again).
3. Does one need to add epsom salt to this new liquid as has been discussedad infinitum here.
4. Can the old LAVA even be used with new water/surf, or should I just use a whole new kit? Im open to trying some of the pretty colors they offer, such as that beautiful light blue/aqua color......in maybe a light green liquid???
5. If I do use the new kit, should one use a lower wattage bulb? As the new lava seems less dense than the factory supplied goo....
I guess what I am asking for here is...what would YOU do ??
Thank you all for reading...