Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

General Goo (844)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A Weekend with Lava Lamps

I had a fun weekend with my lava lamps.  Typically they hide in the basement.  But this weekend I pulled them out to decorate my front porc…

Started by Brandon

7 Aug 22, 2021
Reply by Susan

How much wax in Mathmos lamps, Astro vs baby?

After a long long gap of decades, I purchased a new Mathmos Astro, and was slightly disappointed in the amount of "goo" it contained. Back…

Started by Mark Britten

5 Aug 9, 2021
Reply by jonny p

Anyone else counting down the days till magma tower reopens?

I have had empty globes sitting around and noticed back in June that they would start accepting orders someday that month, but when that da…

Started by KS

3 Aug 2, 2021
Reply by Claude J

How to use 12v DC LEDs in Fantasia fiber optic lamps

Turbo charge your Fantasia lamp. For those of you lucky enough to have a Fantasia fiber optic lamp you have probably wished it was brighter…

Started by Autumn

0 Jul 23, 2021

Curious About New Schylling Lamps

So, I know that the older Lifespan Brands lamps are well, not very good...but how are the new Schylling lamps in comparison?  I just purcha…

Started by Jacob McNeel

3 Jul 22, 2021
Reply by Peter W

I cleaned my Mathmos from debris and made a video to show the process

https://youtu.be/TON_QcA0QsY I finally tried to clean out the black flakes in my Mathmos Astros, and it worked quite well. Since I wasn't a…

Started by Makstuff

8 Jul 18, 2021
Reply by Susan

UV Water Dye by GloEffex

Anyone else experimented with this or similar products?  https://www.gloeffex.com/collections/uv-water-dyes I'm considering giving it a try…

Started by Peter W

0 Jul 16, 2021

New to the group

Hello everyone I am new to the hobby. My gf purchased a lava lamp for me a few months ago and I’m setting it up today. I enjoy the look of…

Started by Magnus

1 Jul 13, 2021
Reply by KittenChops

Restored a poor $5 piece of trash lamp and gave it new life!

I think it turned out great! Just need to give the globe a shining and throw the topper on.

Started by KittenChops

2 Jul 5, 2021
Reply by KittenChops

Food coloring to dye masterfluid?

I've made many lamps myself and the colored wax/clear masterfluid is getting old. Is food coloring safe for the wax? Also will it fade quic…

Started by KittenChops

4 Jul 2, 2021
Reply by Arne

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service