Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

It's come to my attention that Magma Tower isn't sourcing goo anymore and I am looking into sourcing it myself to potentially fill the void. The only thing is there will likely be a fairly large minimum order quantity from the manufacturer. Therefore, I'm looking to get an idea of just how interested the community is in purchasing goo to refurbish their lava lamps. If I could get those looking to buy goo to reply to this post and give me an idea of just how much goo your currently interested in buying that would help a lot. Do you need enough for a 20oz lamp? A 250oz lamp? Multiple lamps? Let me know. 

Views: 2058

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Does anyone sell refill kits for glitter lamps?

Attachments:

goolamp.com

they have slow and fast flow glitters, many colours and glitter sizes/shapes.

Thanks, Arne! 

Arne said:

goolamp.com

you're welcome. btw can you give a bit of advise for filing a wave vessel? size and shape is almost identical to a pacifica. I'm thinking about getting the contents from you, shipping is killing me though.
HughesWaveMotionMachinesLLC said:

Thanks, Arne! 

Arne said:

goolamp.com

Please send me an email from the site at www.wavemotionmachines.com

Arne said:

you're welcome. btw can you give a bit of advise for filing a wave vessel? size and shape is almost identical to a pacifica. I'm thinking about getting the contents from you, shipping is killing me though.

Thanks, Arne! 

Arne said:

goolamp.com

will do so...right now :) thanks

Please send me an email from the site at www.wavemotionmachines.com

Arne said:

Thanks, Arne! 

Arne said:

goolamp.com

How far along is your formula? I have been thinking about doing the same thing. I could release something now, but I want to dial in the flow a bit more. The goal is 90's quality flow. Here is a video my non perc based formula.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny9VvBlPdJE&t=101s

It's not far at all. I was more interested in seeing just how much demand there actually is for this. I've spoke with a distributor of chlorinated paraffin about a year ago and the fact that I already have a lava lamp product in production and a patent probably helps me procure material. I also have experience with formulation and sourcing material so I thought I'd look into it. I don't want to put forth a lot of energy if there isn't much demand for it. I know there's some hard core collectors and enthusiasts on this site so I thought I'd ask. Magma Tower seemed to be filling a niche for you guys. Why throw away a lamp if you can refurbish it? I get it. 

Autumn said:

How far along is your formula? I have been thinking about doing the same thing. I could release something now, but I want to dial in the flow a bit more. The goal is 90's quality flow. Here is a video my non perc based formula.

I could use about 10 quarts assuming the price isn’t outrageous as compared to Goo Kit costs (when it was available). 
There is also a seller on ebay (the guy who does the large cylindrical custom lamps) who would likely be interested. Without Magama Goo he is out of business I would think.  

I've done the market research on this. Magma Tower is (allegedly) shutting down because their main business makes considerably more money than their Gookits could. That should give you some idea. If I can make enough money to quit my job I'll consider that a win, but I don't expect to get rich off of it. It is somewhat of a passion project of mine.

k-nano said:

It's not far at all. I was more interested in seeing just how much demand there actually is for this. I've spoke with a distributor of chlorinated paraffin about a year ago and the fact that I already have a lava lamp product in production and a patent probably helps me procure material. I also have experience with formulation and sourcing material so I thought I'd look into it. I don't want to put forth a lot of energy if there isn't much demand for it. I know there's some hard core collectors and enthusiasts on this site so I thought I'd ask. Magma Tower seemed to be filling a niche for you guys. Why throw away a lamp if you can refurbish it? I get it. 

Autumn said:

I have the original recipe in hand and soon ready for productio as well

Parts of 250liter (55gal) mixer are on order

i'd Definitely be interested.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service