Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

OK Brits don't want to be part of Europe, I got it.

But why so many auctions on Ebay for "UK only" recently?

What's the difference to go to the post office to ship to the other side of England, or the other side of Europe?

I don't get this... (and it gets me mad you can't even contact the seller to ask him if he can change his mind.)

Views: 468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Astralav,

This happens quite a bit on German Ebay as well - & I know how frustrating it is!

It is because you can only insure the metal parts of a lava lamp. No couriers will insure the bottle, so if it gets broken the seller looses out.  Having said that it is not difficult to pack & send lamps & bottles properly to arrive undamaged!

Well, maybe people want to sell things but don't want them to go out of the country.

It's their choice and it should be respected.

There aren't too many things in Britain that belong to Britain anyway, lol.

Alll the best.......

2 reasons indeed. But I think it's a new trend, as more and more item are concerned now.

You're right Simon, it's very frustrating, especially when the item is sold at low price.

I can understand your frustration but maybe its more about it being not as easy to list the postage info as rest of world, so people just go by default and use UK only. Ebay doesn't make it as easy to send to rest of world as it is to send to the UK.

I also think that apart from collectors people don't know or think that others outside the UK would even look on UK ebay, want the item, or want to pay the higher postage costs etc so it wont even enter there mind to think about advertising it to other countries.

What I do is when I put a item on Ebay I show the postage costs and advertise to UK via the ebay postage display on the auction. BUT I will say on the description that I will post anywhere but contact me so I can sort out a quote for your location.

The problem is when the item is listed "uk only" you can't contact the seller. Ebay is blocking you.

This is new and very annoying.

Tim Gill said:

What I do is when I put a item on Ebay I show the postage costs and advertise to UK via the ebay postage display on the auction. BUT I will say on the description that I will post anywhere but contact me so I can sort out a quote for your location.

Is there anyone here from UK who could bid for me on ebay?

I tried to contact the seller by phone and by email but no luck so far.

There is a decent amount of hassle involved with international shipping..

Really?

The hassle is to pack and go to the post office, then when you're there,

I don't think this is a real big deal to fill one more paper, but hey it's me.

Fortunately, many UK sellers are agree with me and don't mind shipping worldwide.

From my experance there issent much hassle to international shipping if its for personal items and small ebay items etc as it just involves filling out a declaration sticker for the item.

Hugh is right though for busnises it is more effort as invoices need to be written out and attached to the item if its over a certin amount etc but still its not too much hard work and easer if you use a correar like UPS, DHL etc.

Astralav said:

Really?

The hassle is to pack and go to the post office, then when you're there,

I don't think this is a real big deal to fill one more paper, but hey it's me.

Fortunately, many UK sellers are agree with me and don't mind shipping worldwide.

Hey, not all Brits are like this, I've traded with Gemany, France and US before now!

And would you bid for me?

I need to find someone in the next 24hrs.

(no news from seller)

I have to say that I dont get it as well, I have just put a green jet on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110971682016) and yes it can be shiped anywhere.

It really wasent hard or cost much if anything to advertise on ebay.com and it wasent hard to show international postage so I don't get it when people dont show international postage and refuse to post outside of the UK.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service