Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Went to a local Spencer's today and saw they had the green and purple neon's, also the new red/blue lamps. I already have a red/blue so I grabbed one each of the neon's. Wondering why they didn't have any yellows, I didn't ask.

Some of you might recall my last encounter with a neon, it was a total lava lamp fail.

These are actually pretty nice, as clear as pretty much any Chinese produced lamp I can remember. The only thing I noticed so far that is bit of a downer is the fact both have some of that flaky wax dandruff stuff floating inside. The purple  more so than the green. I've definitely seen worse in the flakes department so this is not a deal breaker, I think its tolerable in the green but the jury is still out on the purple.

I'm hoping the flow will stick to some of the flakes and hide them from view, but that probably won't happen.

The purple lava wax appears different to me than what I returned back in July, not as dark or opaque. But that could change as I run it.

Warming them up as I type this out.

Here are some snapshots.

Views: 760

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Get them things runnin', I want to see the neon flow.

Let it mix in. My yellow had the flakes. It's now clear and I'd put it up agianst a 90s lamp for flow
Also it took mine about a month to really start flowing well. But like I said its 90s worthy

I wish my neon looked like that!

I like hows there's nothing neon about them.......

Hey dr those tubes are neon black!

Wow, those are very clear! Can't wait to see pic of them running!

I picked up a purple today. I do notice the white specks as well. I also noticed the safari series there as well at spencers
I picked up the lepard 32oz red in clear. That also has white specks. They had a zebra 32oz pink in clear with pink stripes instead of the black stripes.
Saw the zebra one at my Spencer's. I'm try it out. My neon turned out so good there's hope for these

I've run them for about 12 hours the last couple of days and the specks have cleared up a little, hopefully that will continue to be a trend. The green is a bit lazy in flow but once it gets going it's very nice. 

Having a busy weekend but I will get up some pics or video of them running soon. 

Stopped in at a different Spencer's to see if they might have the yellow neon's...I was told by the gal that actually manages the place they sent all the yellow ones back because they were defective (cloudy) So it will be a few weeks before we can get our hands on any yellows. 

No surprise about them being cloudy, its good that they sent them back as this shows LL that there is a issue with that batch.

Dr what - lol about them not being neon its ironic really especially when there is no comparison between the new neon's and the electric series which really was neon.

Brian said:

I've run them for about 12 hours the last couple of days and the specks have cleared up a little, hopefully that will continue to be a trend. The green is a bit lazy in flow but once it gets going it's very nice. 

Having a busy weekend but I will get up some pics or video of them running soon. 

Stopped in at a different Spencer's to see if they might have the yellow neon's...I was told by the gal that actually manages the place they sent all the yellow ones back because they were defective (cloudy) So it will be a few weeks before we can get our hands on any yellows. 

I cant say enough good things about my new purple neon. The white specks are now gone and there's much more activity in the globe. There were a few points when the allmost formmed a lava colume. There is of course that touch of china. You still frequently have lazy blobs but the improvements are plainly seen and I think there are heading in the right direction.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service