Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hello all,

I have a question for you.  I have two American versions of the Coachlite.  One is the copper colored one with the "fill plug" on the right with red lava.  The other one is the golden colored one with the greenish blue lava.  I haven't seen many in that color.

Which one would be worth the most?  I am contemplating selling one of them, but I want to keep the rarer of the two.

I've attached photos, but the one of the red lamp isn't very good and it's not flowing, but it flows marvelously once it's warm.

Thank you in advance for any replies!

Christy

Views: 1240

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

they are so beautiful! i love the saturna too! i bought a red/clear coachlite on ebay, my first online vintage lamp purchace, and im crushed to find out its being delivered today in the wrong state!!!! i hope the seller can get it back to me some how :( i got it for a good price and id rather have my lamp than my money back!

I hope you get it!! :-/

Masrcel, you have a stunning Gen. 1! Fill cap & gleaming mirror copper.

Marcel said:

So is this one here Gen1 or Gen2 ?

Gen. 3 on the left, and two rare Gen. 2s. Note how the Gen 2s have silvery metal, except for reddish (matte, not mirror) copper on the side rods, handle, and fill cap. Gen. 2s are rarer even than Gen. 1s! Also: Your Gen. 2s are (hazy but) lovely colors; the red/clear is common (though the lamp it's in is still rare) and green/blue with GREEN wax is quite rare. Your Gen. 3 also has rare GREEN/blue; it's nearly always found in one of the red/orange colors.
tweavs said:

So will someone look at these three and tell me what Gen.

Even if it isn't original, Gen. 3s in white/blue were made for a year or two at the end, and I like the look. Original ones are rare. What's the original color on your Gen. 3?

i have a white/blue replacement globe in one of my gen 3s too! i love it :D

i finally got a few days ago. the original globe broke in the mail and the package was sent back to the seller by the PO. he sent me the stand back with a replacement globe he said was from another red/clear coachlite but the color is off. its more of a coralish orangey color than the deep red so i think it must be from a century or something and its all cloudy :( i might try to filter it and see what happens. wish me luck :)

Christy said:

I hope you get it!! :-/

Check that date in the cap, quick! And check to see if that coral-y globe has LESS lava than your other Centuries. It might be something even better than a white/blue!

i think the sticker inside the lid says 1973 but its hard to tell because there is a layer of wax on the golbe around the air gap. the color of the wax is similar to this one http://oozinggoo.ning.com/photo/model-101-green-red-century and its but its not as cloudy and i dont think the water is green. it looks like a very pale yellow but not the same golden yellow as the coach clear/red turns from age. it hard to tell with the fog. ill post pics when i get a chance.
Jonas Clark-Elliott said:

Check that date in the cap, quick! And check to see if that coral-y globe has LESS lava than your other Centuries. It might be something even better than a white/blue!

i filtered it today and it came out great. i uploaded some before and after pics as well as close ups of the wax color.
Jonas Clark-Elliott said:

Posted info on colors on one of your photos. Basically, you don't have a rare Gen. 3 Coachlite blue/white - you have an even rarer combo, a globe that was probably available only barely at the very beginning of Gen. 3 production. And it filtered beautifully and flows well.

wow...awesome! thankyou sooo much for the info! it is really a gorgeous lamp now that its clear :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service