Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Collectors and first 100 important announcement.

On the Mathmos Blog, there's an important information notice about future first 100 releases. Anyone wishing to collect a first 100 lamp should read this first before buying. 

It looks like the UK gets half and Germany gets half of all new first 100 lamps. Personally, i think this is wrong as Mathmos is a UK company therefore we, sorry WE, should get first divvies. Yes here in the UK. 

However, I am looking forward to some new finishes and some new models too. But have practically given up on getting a first 100. 

Anyway have a look and please feel free to express your wishes for new lamps and finishes. Oh and Mathmos if you are listening LUNAR! 

Here's  the link.

https://www.mathmos.com/blog/2021/07/23/first100-limited-editions/

Views: 952

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't use social media either, but can pick up most news from mathmos website itself by clicking on the social media links. 

As you know ive been scaling down my colection, much to my partners delight. 

But would still be interested in some special finishes. Let's hope a bit of imagination has gone into the products this time. 

I like your idea of clear wax. Some of those magma tower gookit conversions look absolutely amazing imo. 

Mathmos have done some clear waxes in the past but they are very very rare. I remember seeing a clear liquid clear wax astro in weymouth in 1998. And also a clear liquid clear red telstar about the same time. 

There was lots of experimental things going on back then. Now it's just boring old same old coloured wax. As for new finishes would love to see a metallic coloured base and not just plain anodised. 

And new colours in the bottles. Bring in clear white as standard. And standardize the range so that you can get all colours across the entire range. 

If I see any news I will post it here for you. Autumn is nearing so it shouldn't be too long a wait. 

In my opinion, their best bet would be to email their email subscribers. I'm not a regular visitor to their website, unless I hear about one of their offers through their emails. 

MonsoonStorm said:

will do.  There hasn't been anything so far, however, I have to say I'm not a regular social media user either so it's entirely possible that I'll miss something.

I think the new models will still have email notifications, it's just the new colourways that won't.  I'm not sure, the wording is a little ambiguous

I hope they are imaginative as well. I agree with you, clear and white as a standard option, clear fluid options too. 

Jezza said:

I don't use social media either, but can pick up most news from mathmos website itself by clicking on the social media links. 

As you know ive been scaling down my colection, much to my partners delight. 

But would still be interested in some special finishes. Let's hope a bit of imagination has gone into the products this time. 

I like your idea of clear wax. Some of those magma tower gookit conversions look absolutely amazing imo. 

Mathmos have done some clear waxes in the past but they are very very rare. I remember seeing a clear liquid clear wax astro in weymouth in 1998. And also a clear liquid clear red telstar about the same time. 

There was lots of experimental things going on back then. Now it's just boring old same old coloured wax. As for new finishes would love to see a metallic coloured base and not just plain anodised. 

And new colours in the bottles. Bring in clear white as standard. And standardize the range so that you can get all colours across the entire range. 

If I see any news I will post it here for you. Autumn is nearing so it shouldn't be too long a wait. 

Astrobaby now available in copper finish. No new bottle colours though. 

I wonder if this is eligible for first 100? 

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

wow!

Jezza said:

Modulo '70 said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

wow!

Jezza said:

I’ve just ordered one. Had to have the first copper Astrobaby/Mini for decades.

I'm guessing it's the same colour as the copper astro?  It looks quite a bit different in the single photo, a bit more similar in the video but still not quite the same?

That takes me back, we used to have a couple of original copper astro babies (or where they named comets? I don't remember their name, but astro baby shape and size) I'm guessing the colour copper astro must be a number one seller, given they've decided to release a copper coloured baby. 

Astrobaby, formerly Astro Mini, the world’s 2nd earliest lava lamp.

These are NOT first 100. Which I think is a shame. 

Mine is nothing special. Quite bland and same old really. Going to either return it or sell it on. I don't want to keep it. It does not compliment my decor.  The plastic white feet clash hideously with the copper and does not have the quality of the original crestworth astro mini. 

The colour is the same as the copper astro, darker than the neo, neo wall and fireflow. Already packed away, so no photos sorry. 

S’OK - won’t hand over yet more money just yet. Will see what else they come up with, if, as they say there are to be several new finishes, and a new model.

Difficult to disagree about the white up-stand/bases, they don’t suit the copper Astros at all (would be ok if they were more of a ‘rose gold’ like the Neo) wish they had stuck with black bases like on the first ‘Heritage’ versions.

I'm waiting for something totally new and chic

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2021   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service