Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Found oozinggoo.com when I was looking for ways to repair the Grande I picked up at CostCo a few years ago.  It's one of the Chinese made ones that has gone extremely cloudy and ceased to flow (going to try replacing the fluid one of these weekends). 

It was here that I found out about really big Lava lamps.  I was bowled over by videos of the  Colossus lamps and really want to see if I could get one, I couldn't find them available anywhere so I wrote LavaLite.  I wanted to let this group know what I got this from Lava Lite today:

We have a special promo on the Colossus for serious buyers.   This will be the last time the Colossus will be seen.

Please see attached promo sheet with pricing included.

If you are interested please contact on my direct line at 630-496-6663.

Best regards,

Susan Michaels

Customer Service Representative

LAVA LITE

630-496-6663 direct line

smichaels@lavalite.com

www.lavalite.com

Sadly these prices are outside of my discretionary funds, even though they include shipping.  I post it in hopes that someone here may be interested.

Views: 42057

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ya my p/p is running great to. At first it disconnected from the coil, but I turned it all the way down let it reconnect. Then dialed it up till I got flow I liked.

Tim - I'm using the red Bulbrite 250w heat lamp bulbs on both my clear/red and purple/pink.  AWESOME!  

I'll try to post some pics, but my iPhone 4 camera really doesn't do it justice.  Trust me, you really need to try a red bulb.

The purple/pink flows just like my red/clear -- BEAUTIFUL!

Tim said:

Air circulating has always worked for me with all my other lamps as well. My P/P is still running strong I love it!! I'm curious about using a red bulb in the P/P has anyone tried that yet?

Clear/Red Without flash (close to what the eye sees) -

Clear/Red With Flash:

Don Souliere said:

pLEASE POST PICS WITH RED BULB  LOL

Kirk said:

Tim - I'm using the red Bulbrite 250w heat lamp bulbs on both my clear/red and purple/pink.  AWESOME!  

I'll try to post some pics, but my iPhone 4 camera really doesn't do it justice.  Trust me, you really need to try a red bulb.

The purple/pink flows just like my red/clear -- BEAUTIFUL!

Tim said:

Air circulating has always worked for me with all my other lamps as well. My P/P is still running strong I love it!! I'm curious about using a red bulb in the P/P has anyone tried that yet?

Al - I understand your frustration with the purple/yellow, too.  Susan and LL will make it right - they know this purple/yellow is a problem.  Except for Don, all purple/yellows have been getting stuck.

Don- is your purple/yellow still running well?

Yes, I will help in any way i can I have been running tests since i got it. Last week it was running crappy and this week it is runng awesome again.  here are my results

Winter results:

Relative humidity in the house is 40%

its running on the first floor not basement

the temp on the first floor is 67" F

the bulb is a clear 250w Phillips that came with the unit

the lamp is at 75% on dimmer setting

the temp outside is32"F

it is not near a window, its not near a vent (very important)

My theory is that all the things i mentioned above def affects the lamp performance.

My recomendations

if you see coils, the house is too hot or the lamp is too hot. turn it off for 5 min and run it at 70% it will work,

if you are in a hot climate try 50% and go in incriminates of 5% till u find the sweet spot.

I will have to do a new test when it is summer time

HERE IS A LINK TO MY FLOW VID FOR PURP YELLOW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpIrLuv9UFA

Comments?

Kirk said:

Al - I understand your frustration with the purple/yellow, too.  Susan and LL will make it right - they know this purple/yellow is a problem.  Except for Don, all purple/yellows have been getting stuck.

Don- is your purple/yellow still running well?

Kirk - Your red/clear is awesome! Glad your p/p is flowing well I have had no problems at all with mine. I wonder whats up with that yellow wax? Lowes sells a red bulb as well cant think of the brand but bulbrite does make a good bulb! So does the red bulb make the lamp darker at all?

i dosent look any more red in the pic, but pics dont work well on these lamps

Yes, it does make it a little darker - especially with the p/p.

Tim said:

Kirk - Your red/clear is awesome! Glad your p/p is flowing well I have had no problems at all with mine. I wonder whats up with that yellow wax? Lowes sells a red bulb as well cant think of the brand but bulbrite does make a good bulb! So does the red bulb make the lamp darker at all?

Oh my god.. If i missed this im gonna have to kill my self ! Is it still possible to get this lamp and will they ship outside of the US ?

As of last Thursday, there were 2 or 3 left according to Susan. 

However, if you're serious, you've already called her and have the answers you were looking for. 

.....or you've killed yourself......  :-/

I will call them as soon as i get back from work !!!

No shipping outside of the US, I don't think. :(

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service