Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Found oozinggoo.com when I was looking for ways to repair the Grande I picked up at CostCo a few years ago.  It's one of the Chinese made ones that has gone extremely cloudy and ceased to flow (going to try replacing the fluid one of these weekends). 

It was here that I found out about really big Lava lamps.  I was bowled over by videos of the  Colossus lamps and really want to see if I could get one, I couldn't find them available anywhere so I wrote LavaLite.  I wanted to let this group know what I got this from Lava Lite today:

We have a special promo on the Colossus for serious buyers.   This will be the last time the Colossus will be seen.

Please see attached promo sheet with pricing included.

If you are interested please contact on my direct line at 630-496-6663.

Best regards,

Susan Michaels

Customer Service Representative

LAVA LITE

630-496-6663 direct line

smichaels@lavalite.com

www.lavalite.com

Sadly these prices are outside of my discretionary funds, even though they include shipping.  I post it in hopes that someone here may be interested.

Views: 42057

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay lets clear some things up. I talked with Dale about this discussion and I need to point a few things out. First, nobody got a lamp from the presidents office. According to Dale it is still sitting inside his office. Second, the clear/reds are not confirmed to be out of stock. Third, if a lamp does manage to freeze it will be just fine because the expansion caused by the ice will not increase pressure any more than when the wax is melted.And finally... be patient with the shipping. Shipping something freight is not the same as shipping something UPS or FEDEX.

Any questions?

So that means I likely didn't get the pope's lamp?  :-(

Autumn said:

Okay lets clear some things up. I talked with Dale about this discussion and I need to point a few things out. First, nobody got a lamp from the presidents office. According to Dale it is still sitting inside his office. Second, the clear/reds are not confirmed to be out of stock. Third, if a lamp does manage to freeze it will be just fine because the expansion caused by the ice will not increase pressure any more than when the wax is melted.And finally... be patient with the shipping. Shipping something freight is not the same as shipping something UPS or FEDEX.

Any questions?

Yes, looks like my twin!  Nice.

For the record, my lamp was shipped as expected and received in excellent condition.  It is a quality lamp - a real beauty.   Many thanks to Lava Lite for offering a great product at a great price.  Count me impressed!  When is the next big thing coming from LL?  Can't wait...

Autumn said:

Any questions?

Autumn said:

Any questions?

Yep on the question of freezing if my lamp did freeze which im guessing it did and only guessing will the lamp be ok I have read that if a lava lamp freezes they are no good can you get me a clear answer on that?

Thanks

ken

I am patient with the shipping company, I am however displeased that something I have already paid for is not being shipped out the day I was told it was going to a full week after they received my payment and that noone at their office will even answer a phone so I can get a straight story.

I had my chance. An internet auction 'buy it now' in the UK for a mere £200. (under 300 bucks). Should have jumped at the Colossal deal!

I didn't :(

Great Pics. Thanks for this..

smirkle said:

OK - Now that I'm properly fortified here we go...

Colossus being loaded into pickup...

Opening up the globe box...

It's clear!!

Time to get it on its base...  It's heavy, but two people can handle it.

It's a beauty!

I'll post more pictures tomorrow once it starts flowing.  Looking good ...

The last time I talked to her was on Friday. At that time, they had 30 left, and half of them were blue/yellow. That's about 4 each left of all the other colors, if they all sold at the same rate, which is doubtful. Point is, every color but blue/yellow is more in danger of running out sooner, if it hasn't already.

But I'm glad they haven't (apparently) sold out of anything yet...

Her voicemail says "Tuesday", so I'm going to try again tomorrow morning to place my order.

I'm saying China because they are Colossus lamps and they were all made in China.  Whether or not they were refilled here recently I wouldn't know but the add doesn't say anything about that.  Also the add states that they are the largest lamps made by "Lava World International"  that is a precursor to Lava Lite, LLC the current company.  Another thing is that it has been talked about here that when the bulb issues became evident that Lava had a backstock of Colossus lamps (China made) that they couldn't sell.  Now it seems that they have met the challenges and checked the lamps for proper function so they can clear the backstock.

Don Souliere said:

When I spoke with Susan I had flat out asked her if this as PRE china, and she said Yes these were NOT made in china they were made before they switched to china. I really hope they are now, and what makes you guys think they are? When I call her to pay this week I will ask again.

I was trying to remember if anyone said how many they started this sale with?  Seems like 70 sticks in my head.  Minimum order is $700, times 70 = $49000.  That's a lot of money to have sitting in a warehouse!

People have already started getting these. Are there no tags or stickers with dates, or place of manufacture on them?

All I know is that no colossuses were supposed to have been made anywhere but China, and the red ring on that cap pictured earlier looks exactly like a Chinese lavalite cap.

...And that multiple people seem to have been told that they were definitely US made. WTF.

I'll definitely be asking about this tomorrow when I place my order.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service