Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Found oozinggoo.com when I was looking for ways to repair the Grande I picked up at CostCo a few years ago.  It's one of the Chinese made ones that has gone extremely cloudy and ceased to flow (going to try replacing the fluid one of these weekends). 

It was here that I found out about really big Lava lamps.  I was bowled over by videos of the  Colossus lamps and really want to see if I could get one, I couldn't find them available anywhere so I wrote LavaLite.  I wanted to let this group know what I got this from Lava Lite today:

We have a special promo on the Colossus for serious buyers.   This will be the last time the Colossus will be seen.

Please see attached promo sheet with pricing included.

If you are interested please contact on my direct line at 630-496-6663.

Best regards,

Susan Michaels

Customer Service Representative

LAVA LITE

630-496-6663 direct line

smichaels@lavalite.com

www.lavalite.com

Sadly these prices are outside of my discretionary funds, even though they include shipping.  I post it in hopes that someone here may be interested.

Views: 42057

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmmm, a little early for April fools!  Wonder if the glass tables will also be available.

I hear that it's only available with the marble base and one per customer. 

Wow. Interesting. I certainly don't have the cash, but even if I did, I'm too skeptical to drop that kinda cash. So I too will live vicariously through the others! :) Good luck all! I'm excited for you! 

At a Christmas gift exchange this past year, I stole a cloudy, china lava lamp and discovered oozing goo to fix it.  

In just about one month, I've acquired several (ok, I admit it over 20 now) new lamps -- chief among them are a consort and a stardust glitter.  I'm fascinated with the older model snake-like flow, and the beauty of these vintage lamps.

Because of this fantastic site and you smart and helpful people, my obsession with goo is flourishing.  The culmination of this obsession happened today with the purchase of a yellow/purple Colossus!  I too spoke to Susan and she reassured me of the quality of the Colossus lamps for sale and that I'd be happy.  All and all, a very pleasant exchange.

This newbie just wants to say THANK YOU!

WOW!  great story, smirkle!  i can't wait to see the photos.  that is one of my favorite color combinations.

Anyone know what the tables are made of and how far they stick out from the lamp?

Bridget, The tables are made of glass, I specifically asked her that too. I don't know though how much they stick out, but we shall see!

I think i read somewhere about a foot... Dont quote me tho lol I think

Trying to decide if a table would make sense or just be somewhere the cats would curl  up on to get near the heat source in the winter

How long for these to warm up?

A cat ledge would be my only rationale for getting the table.  :-)

Bridget T said:

Trying to decide if a table would make sense or just be somewhere the cats would curl  up on to get near the heat source in the winter

Well, I just sent my payment in, so it's official! I ordered the silver base and cap, with clear liquid/red lava, and the glass table top. I can't wait for it to get here! I will post pictures once it arrives.

Jack, about 10 hours or so to heat up, I've heard if you put a blanket over it, it will warm up a little faster.

Just placed my order with Susan and we had a very nice chat about quality, production and shipping.  These lamps are from old stock with the bases and vases probably made in china, but the liquids are from their new factory in Chicago and each lamp has been thoroughly tested.  What really helped win me over is LL now does all their own shipping (they outsourced before) upright on a pallet. When I got my Humongo it cost nearly $500 just for shipping!

So, another big plus is that I got a table and cap for my Humongo...something that has been impossible to find.

I got the black/clear lamp with the Granite base and table...saw one of these in a Harley dealership once...looks so GOOD in the day time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service