Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Found oozinggoo.com when I was looking for ways to repair the Grande I picked up at CostCo a few years ago.  It's one of the Chinese made ones that has gone extremely cloudy and ceased to flow (going to try replacing the fluid one of these weekends). 

It was here that I found out about really big Lava lamps.  I was bowled over by videos of the  Colossus lamps and really want to see if I could get one, I couldn't find them available anywhere so I wrote LavaLite.  I wanted to let this group know what I got this from Lava Lite today:

We have a special promo on the Colossus for serious buyers.   This will be the last time the Colossus will be seen.

Please see attached promo sheet with pricing included.

If you are interested please contact on my direct line at 630-496-6663.

Best regards,

Susan Michaels

Customer Service Representative

LAVA LITE

630-496-6663 direct line

smichaels@lavalite.com

www.lavalite.com

Sadly these prices are outside of my discretionary funds, even though they include shipping.  I post it in hopes that someone here may be interested.

Views: 42057

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just noticed two small chips in my globe that I couldn't see until I turned it on.  I'm going to try and get pictures and send them to Susan.  At first I thought it was just something stuck to the globe, but they are definite chips.

Deb said:

OK I'm freaking out a bit here. I did a close inspection of my globe and found what appears to be an imperfection or a crack. How can I tell?

I sent my pics to Susan and she forwarded them to LLs quality control guy. He deemed it safe to run but they are willing to replace for visual reasons. I'm hoping the next one is as perfect as this globe minus the one 6 inch glass imperfection.

Bridget T said:

I just noticed two small chips in my globe that I couldn't see until I turned it on.  I'm going to try and get pictures and send them to Susan.  At first I thought it was just something stuck to the globe, but they are definite chips.

Yeah, I also put lights in the cap...looks cool to see the goo change color as it rises.

Brad said:

critter - put a white light behind or to the side the globe, then take a photo of that bad boy.  i think you will be pleased with the results.

i am glad they are willing to replace, its a lot of money at stake

Deb said:

I sent my pics to Susan and she forwarded them to LLs quality control guy. He deemed it safe to run but they are willing to replace for visual reasons. I'm hoping the next one is as perfect as this globe minus the one 6 inch glass imperfection.

Bridget T said:

The maiden voyage on my clear/red came to a sudden end after 6 hours.  Imagine my surprise to find that the bulb burnt out!  I wanted to believe it was a tripped breaker, but the wall socket checked out fine.  Lifted the heavy sucker back off the base and discovered this:

So, here is where we now sit waiting on a new bulb.  By the way, the clear/red is GORGEOUS!

Hmmm... Now, where did I put that heat lamp I use to brood chicks? I think that might work until I get a chance to get to Lowes after going to see the Austin marathon this morning!

Oh Happy Day!  I found my spare brooder heat lamp bulb, and I'm back on track!

72 hours into her maiden voyage and the wax is not attached to the heat ring at the bottom anymore.  It was beautiful yesterday and then started turning into just a hovering blob....down which I could clearly see at least half of the springs no longer covered by any goo!

I have it on 100% this morning to see if I can get any better results, but I'm not hopeful based on smaller lamp's behavior once this happens.  Now I need to get my other one running just to see if it has any problems.

First order of business tomorrow is to call Susan!

BridgetT- Is that a purple/yellow getting stuck? If so, mine is behaving similarly. Once it gets stuck, I've found that turning up the heat doesn't help. I turn it off and wait 8 hours and start it up again. I think the yellow wax
just needs to get broken in. I keep cycling it and it does seem to be improving. But I'd like to hear what Susan says...

It is a purple/yellow.  I'll turn it off and see what happens this afternoon.  Glad I'm not the only one.  It's very disturbing to be able to see clean coils at the bottom of the lamp.

Glad its not just Me too! I know Critter got a purple/yellow, too. I wonder if he has seen the "water creature from the movie Abyss" - that's what it reminds me of when the wax gets stuck!

My clear/red is starting up now. Hopefully it will behave much like Gwen's that ran for a week. And hopefully your purple/pink will run like Jim's.

I have five runs of the lamp under my belt so far and absolutely no problems thus far.  We tend to power it on around 9:00am and power off between 11:00pm and midnight.  We do follow the directions to a T and start it at ~ 70% power and make adjustments up or down based upon how its flowing.

Thanks, Jim. I'm trying to follow the 70% rule, too. Definitely not running at 100%. Still will eventually get stuck, tho.

Working on it - hoping Autumn is right and it just needs to be worked out.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service