Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Found oozinggoo.com when I was looking for ways to repair the Grande I picked up at CostCo a few years ago.  It's one of the Chinese made ones that has gone extremely cloudy and ceased to flow (going to try replacing the fluid one of these weekends). 

It was here that I found out about really big Lava lamps.  I was bowled over by videos of the  Colossus lamps and really want to see if I could get one, I couldn't find them available anywhere so I wrote LavaLite.  I wanted to let this group know what I got this from Lava Lite today:

We have a special promo on the Colossus for serious buyers.   This will be the last time the Colossus will be seen.

Please see attached promo sheet with pricing included.

If you are interested please contact on my direct line at 630-496-6663.

Best regards,

Susan Michaels

Customer Service Representative

LAVA LITE

630-496-6663 direct line

smichaels@lavalite.com

www.lavalite.com

Sadly these prices are outside of my discretionary funds, even though they include shipping.  I post it in hopes that someone here may be interested.

Views: 42057

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's the thing though, why doesn't all these factors affect all my other lamps in the same room? I have no problems with any of the other lamps performing full blast and running non-stop. I don't find it acceptable to have to change the entire lifestyle of a room/house for this thing to run properly. These were created as conversation pieces for businesses and I refuse to believe LL was telling companies they were going to have to re-arrange the temperature or lay out of a room for these things to work or have to hire some one to sit there and be dialing the dimmer around all day to maintain a sweet spot.

Susan offered to send some 200 watt bulbs out to me. I'll try them for a week. If I get the same problem, the lamp is going back for either an exchange or refund

Don Souliere said:

Yes, I will help in any way i can I have been running tests since i got it. Last week it was running crappy and this week it is runng awesome again.  here are my results

Winter results:

Relative humidity in the house is 40%

its running on the first floor not basement

the temp on the first floor is 67" F

the bulb is a clear 250w Phillips that came with the unit

the lamp is at 75% on dimmer setting

the temp outside is32"F

it is not near a window, its not near a vent (very important)

My theory is that all the things i mentioned above def affects the lamp performance.

My recomendations

if you see coils, the house is too hot or the lamp is too hot. turn it off for 5 min and run it at 70% it will work,

if you are in a hot climate try 50% and go in incriminates of 5% till u find the sweet spot.

I will have to do a new test when it is summer time

HERE IS A LINK TO MY FLOW VID FOR PURP YELLOW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpIrLuv9UFA

Comments?

Kirk said:

Al - I understand your frustration with the purple/yellow, too.  Susan and LL will make it right - they know this purple/yellow is a problem.  Except for Don, all purple/yellows have been getting stuck.

Don- is your purple/yellow still running well?

Oh damn.. Well i tried to call susan but got her voicemail .. Will have to try again later.. Can anybody tell me what the time is there ?

Loren said:

No shipping outside of the US, I don't think. :(

I think it's 1:30 PM, but if it's earlier then she might be on her lunch break.

This laptop keeps wonky time for some reason. :-/

[EDIT] There are only 3-4 left of these. If you are having that much trouble, get a new globe! My blue/yellow has gotten stuck flow 5-6 times, but I kept fixing it when it happened. My lamp has been flowing beautifully for 24 hours with no interruptions this last run. It's NOT the yellow wax.

Allright i managed to catch Susan.. She is going to mail me what is available and she was willing to ship it to Denmark! And im willing to pay for it .. Even though i think its gonna pretty darn expensive! 

LOL! That is awesome. :p

It will still probably be half of what it would have cost 6-7 years ago.

Yes but in reality i shouldnt do it .. But you know when such a chance comes up you have to just grab it !

In reality NONE of us probably should have done it. :p

But as one person who did do it, I'm glad!!

I spoke with Susan. Was told only 6 were left. Blue/Yellow only. No tables left. Only Silver or Wood base only. It is USA Central time there.

For those who ordered one how did they arrive shipping wise. On a semi truck? and did they bring it inside for you?

Things seem to vary on how it is shipped to you.  For me, the lamp arrived on a semi.  The lamps, base, table, etc. were strapped to a pallet and the shipper guy simply left the whole pallet in my garage.  I asked if he could assist with getting the lamp inside, but he told me they are not allowed to enter your home.

Turtlecross said:

I spoke with Susan. Was told only 6 were left. Blue/Yellow only. No tables left. Only Silver or Wood base only. It is USA Central time there.

For those who ordered one how did they arrive shipping wise. On a semi truck? and did they bring it inside for you?

Thanks for the reply Jim. Was wondering if it included inside delivery or not. That answered my question.

I still havent heard from susan :( I sent a mail to her too to make sure she got my right email address .. I GOD I JUST CANT WAIT.. 

Loren,

The one time your lava went off the coils, was there still a thin bit of goo left on the coil, or was the coil completely bare of any goo?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service