Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

does anyone know if glitterbabys can be topped off with water/glycerin etc?

mine is a bit low, does anyone know what works for them?

Views: 409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Propylene Glycol is what you need here.

cool, think i even have some:)

How low are they, I am sure water will be fine if its not tool low

Don't you mean glycol not glycerin as glycerin is a sugger / food producet.

its about 2cm low in a jet bottle. I wouldnt top off more than 5mm with water...I made a glitter with glycerine so i though it might work. will try the glycol.

I won't try water in it as it doesn't mix well.

I did propylene glycol and it's perfect.

I guess this question is a bit off topic and not sure if glitter babies and US glitters have the same formula but has anyone ever tried changing the color by adding food coloring? For instance adding yellow to a red to make orange. I know the liquid in these are toxic so opening one freaks me out a bit.

if you use distilled water chances are it will thin the liquid making the glitter pool at the bottom after a short while, which ive found out the hard way, idealy you need a glycol stuff or wait to pick up a cheap bottle of ebay , thats what i did in the end, sometimes u can get a cheap glitter baby lamp for about a £10, then postage. also the squares in a baby are slighty smaller than the first mathmos jet glitters and they used less glitter squares

Deb said:

I guess this question is a bit off topic and not sure if glitter babies and US glitters have the same formula but has anyone ever tried changing the color by adding food coloring? For instance adding yellow to a red to make orange. I know the liquid in these are toxic so opening one freaks me out a bit.

far as i know the u.s glitters where a different fluid to the u.k mathmos glitters, food colouring can be used in the u.k lamps or a felt tip pen dye, but stay away from purple it dont work, as for the u.s glitter, ive tried food colouring before but some didnt mix right and the fluid went murky

I used water-based food colourings on my Mathmos Glitterbaby to change colour and it worked just fine. And I topped it up with neat glycerine as it arrived a little low. I call it my 'Ribena' Glitterbaby as it looks like liquid Ribena in flow!

Deb, ask mike(blind faith) he mentioned to me once that he had some custom colored glitter wizards.
Deb said

Tiff, Mike's are transplanted from newer lava glitter lamps. Reds and blues are pretty common to find so thought it might be easier to just add yellow food coloring to make green and orange. The two colors I need. But if it's going to cloud them, I may have to resort to doing the liquid swap thing. Thanks everyone for responding.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service