Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Lava Lite has finally released their "double play" lamp- a lava core surrounded by glitter. It looks pretty, and its a little larger than the 52oz lamps. It says its a 18.5" lamp, as opposed to the 16.3" that is the 52oz. I really want to see a video, and I want to see the lamp in person, but it costs $109.99!! Is it really worth it?? I wonder if it will be successful at all... I will not purchase for that price, especially without seeing a video first... Here is a link to the page. http://www.lavalamp.com/premier-lava-lamp

Views: 3700

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Has anyone tried to open the double play globe yet?

I have one, but have yet to try to open it.

Got to say, its not a bad lamp

Looks cool at night

I like it just not the colors. I have a pink/white one. Want to paint it black and make globe purple.

if i had not packed it away, I'd try to open it

It appears to be screw top but not sure

Its like a grande cap, but it appears to have a plastic spacer under it too. Probably what seals the lava portion and keeps it lava glass straight inside the outer globe.

Interesting concept, but surely this would work better with a tubular shaped lamp (Think something along the lines of a Mathmos Jet) with a more substantial 'lava core', the skinny little tube in the lamp shown looks almost lost amongst the glitter. :- |

Double Play - 

I have two and the color is this electric magenta not pink at all.  One of a kind color I've never seen in other lamps that's for sure.  

I have a Double Play.  The glitter moves slowly and is pretty, but the wax hasn't done anything.  

After reading about bulbs, I swapped out the R14 40w that came with it, with an R20 50w.  Now the wax grows about 1/3 of the way up the bottle in a column, and stops.  

As much as I've read the complaints about the boring action, all of the photos and videos were exciting compared to mine.  :)

The ring is flat on the bottom.  Any suggestions on how to wake it up would be welcome.

I fixed it!

I wrapped a towel around it, and used a stronger lightbulb.

Ran it for several hours.  It got super hot, and still didn't flow.

So, I bought 5 17" lamps to replace it.  Good to go :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service