Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hi everyone. I have kind of a large collection but some that I would like to start on is the Elek-trick series. Anyone have any for sale or seen on eBay? I've been checking eBay but a lot of people don't list them as the Elek-Trick series unless u look through thousands of pictures. Also, was one of the combos a white base and cap with clear liquid and purple lava? Thanks

Views: 1872

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Vince, check out this link from the Lava Library!   Has all the Elek-Tricks.

http://oozinggoo.ning.com/page/elek-trick

Thanks. Yeah I saw that earlier but the one I'm looking at is white base/clear liquid/purple lava. Looks like it should be black lava. I'm a real stickler when it comes to the correct combos.

I think the one you are looking at has the wrong globe on it too.  The clear/purple went with the "purple" base it looks like, and the pic of the white base does have a clear/black globe on it.   

Agree with you, I have OCD over the correct color combos too.  It would be nice if you could get it for a good price and you have an extra clear/black 32 oz. globe in your stash to replace the clear/purple.

here you go: http://oozinggoo.ning.com/photo/the-elek-trick-series-1992

looks like model 8016 has a white base, clear liquid, and black lava.  the black might look purple.  you can always ask for the cap code to be sure.

The white base lamps are the Princess series, they came in a variety of globe colors including clear/purple.  For reference see the add below:

midsilverprincess 90s LAVA

Thanks, Keith!   I just posted that one link from the Library, I forgot about this one. 

Keith said:

The white base lamps are the Princess series, they came in a variety of globe colors including clear/purple.  For reference see the add below:

midsilverprincess 90s LAVA

OK, so the white elek-trik came with a black globe.  However the white princess did come with a variety of globe colors, so the lamp in question is probably original.

Brad said:

here you go: http://oozinggoo.ning.com/photo/the-elek-trick-series-1992

looks like model 8016 has a white base, clear liquid, and black lava.  the black might look purple.  you can always ask for the cap code to be sure.

eBay has it for $27.99. Free shipping. I guess at that price it would be worth getting. Really wanted to start on the elek-trick series. Thanks everyone, you all have been a great help. Should I go ahead and get it guys? By the way it is an #09 code made in 92 so cap color is correct.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would make that lamp an original "Princess Series" lamp, Vince.  Not an Elek-Trick.  The white bases might be the same, but the Elek-Trick white based lamp came with a clear/black globe.

It was the Princess series that came in different globe color combos and that globe is a 09, which is clear/purple.   So you'd still have to have a clear/black globe to have an original Elek-Trick.

Yeah you are correct on color combos. I have a globe with clear and black lava but it's with my safari collection which is the snake one so I'll probably hold out for the actual Elek-Trick lamps. They'll pop up eventually. Thanks again

yep a #09 globe is purple/clear.  black/clear is #16.

Just for my own clarification (and because I share Marley's OCD when it comes to lamps), is there any difference between a white Elek-Trick base and a Princess base?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service