Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

After extensive testing,  I'm now offering many NEW glitter colors in clear fast liquid.  They are gorgeous!  Here are a few of the options.  I'll post them all below in this discussion and in my videos.

I've also developed replacement slow glitter formulas for the Florence Art, Heat Tapes, Mastercrafters, and Crestworth glitter lamps of the 60s and 70s.  The liquid in these formulas is non-flammable, non-combustible, and much less toxic than the fast, solvent-based liquid. 

To simplify things, both fast and slow glitter liquid are now available at the same prices.  Here are some FAQs on the glitter liquid.

I fill all orders on a first come, first served basis.  I do all of the work by hand and take care to ensure quality.  Please allow 2-3 weeks from payment for delivery.

Fast or Slow Glitter Liquid In Containers 

$25 for one quart container (fills 32 oz globe)

$23 each for two or more.

$40 for two quart containers (fills 52 oz globe)

$37 each for two or more.

$140 for eight (8) quart containers (fills 250 oz Grande)

$115 for six (6) quart containers (fills 175 oz Lunar)

32 OZ LAVA GLOBE: ADD $10 each

52 OZ LAVA GLOBE: ADD $15 each *Very Limited Supply

NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE for refilling 32oz and 52oz globes that you supply!

ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING to USA Lower 48!  International, please contact me for a quote.

I prefer payment with Paypal.  My Paypal account is kirkolson@mac.com. 

If you need liquid to refill other size globes or you have vintage globes you’d like me to refill, please contact me for a quote.  My prices are very reasonable.

I no longer refill and ship Grande-sized globes, but I have excellent instructions with pictures if you want to refill a Grande with my containers of liquid. 

FAST GLITTER Liquid Color choices: Blue, Green, Red, Purple, Light Blue, Yellow, Orange, Teal, Pink, and Clear 

FAST GLITTER Glitter choices in Colored Liquid:

• Small Silver Holographic Hexagonal – Looks best in 32oz and 52oz globes
  • Medium Silver Holographic Square – Looks best in 32oz and 52oz globes
  • Large Silver Holographic Square – Looks best in Lunar, Grande, Gemlites, 52oz globes
  • Short Silver Holographic Strand – Looks best in 32oz and 52oz globes
  • Long Silver & Colored Holographic Strand - Looks best in 32oz, 52oz, and Grande globes (use 15watt, 25watt, 40watt bulbs)

*NEW* FAST COLORED GLITTER choices in Clear Liquid:

• Small Hexagonal: Gold (Holo), Green (Holo), Pink (Holo), Sky Blue (Holo), Ocean Blue (Holo), Navy (Holo), Turquoise, Lavender, Violet (Holo), Orange (Holo), Copper (Holo), Multicolor (Holo)
  • Small Squares: Violet (Holo), Pink (Holo), Sky Blue (Holo), Green (Holo), Gold (Holo), Navy (Holo), Silver (Holo)
  • Small Dots: Green (Holo), Pink (Holo)
  • Medium Dots: Gold (Holo), Ocean Blue (Holo), Silver (Holo)

SLOW GLITTER Liquid Color choices: Blue, Green, Red, Purple, Light Blue, Yellow, Orange, Teal, Pink, and Clear

SLOW GLITTER Glitter choices: 

• Small Silver Flakes – Best for Florence Art, Heat Tapes, Mastercrafter’s Clocks, Consorts, and 32 oz globes
  • Very Small Silver Flakes -- Best for Crestworth Glitterlite, Lava Lite Glitter Lite
  • *NEW* Small Metallic Gold Multicolor -- Best for Glitterama 

All liquid is non-combustible and non-flammable.  

The slow glitter liquid is very low in toxicity.

The fast glitter liquid is solvent-based and should be treated with caution. Use safety goggles and gloves when working with the liquid, and make sure your work area is well ventilated — turn on a fan. 

Use a funnel when pouring the liquid into your globes.  Promptly close your bottle openings with the plug and cap provided.

My shipping address is: 

Kirk Olson

For USPS: PO BOX 1188

For UPS, FEDEX: 11228 Parsons Rd

Manor, TX 78653

kirkolson@mac.com

Views: 22870

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your lg. red colored holographic glitter formula is even better than I was expecting.

Great stuff Kirk! 

This glitter looks  nicer in person than it does in my pictures!

The red color is really nice, isn't it?  I'm glad you like it.

Can you help me out Kirk.  I have several Fantasia Glitter Graphic lamps and the glitter in two of them no longer flows after an hour of running.  I deconstructed both lamps and neither looks to have any problems.  Liquids clear and both bottles are full.  They run beautifully when I first turn them on.  What do you think could be the problem.  I had a gentleman on ebay inform me to drain the smelly chemical liquid from the bottles and replace with distilled water possible a small amount of surfactant to keep glitter from sticking to inside of bottle.  He then notes not to use metallic glitter when replacing liquid.  Problem here is that I'm not sure what type of glitter the lamps currently have in them.  How do I find out.  What do you suggest?  I really don't want to throw out the glitter.  I've never been able to find 1/4 inch glitter like the type my lamps have.  Do I need surfactant since it's meant for goo not to stick to inside of glass bottle.  I hope you can help me out here.  Greatly appreciated!    PS-  I also replaced bulb and still glitter stop flowing after an hour or less- 10watt only as called for. Thank you Sir. Oh-  One last question.  Do you have any idea where I can find the 27''grande glitter lava lamp?  I'd really like to add to my collection.  Thanks again Kirk.

Kirk- what is the cost to ship 24 oz of the liquid and glitter.  I need silver glitter -clear liquid. I'm in ABQ,NM

I'm thinking it's probably cheaper to buy the liquid and re-fill my glitter graphics lamps myself.  I can pay using paypal.

Thank you

Hi, Hailey.

I do have a liquid that works fine on 10w bulbs in Consort/Mediterranean/Confetti globes.  I have not tested it on a Fantasia Glitter Graphics lamp though.

To confirm, can you post a picture of the lamps you want to refill?

If you like, feel free to email the photo(s) to kirkolson@mac.com.

Finally, the advice you got from the Ebay gentleman is incorrect.  Water and surfactant will not work.

Hello Kirk-  I changed my profile name to Joseph since Hailey Sybil is my dogs name. When I signed up I was unaware oozing goo had live conversation and folks would actually be replying.   As soon as I have the chance I will take pictures of the glass bottles the liquids and glitter are contained. I actually purchased another glitter graphics lamp and it had the same problem. I was thinking of removing the bottle and replacing it with the bottle that was not flowing.  Wasted money. 

I just sent you 2 emails about 2 minutes ago.

Thanks for your speedy reply and help to solve this issue.

Lookout for my photos. I will email shortly. 

Sounds good, Joseph.  

It's possible that the liquid only needs a "tweaking" - meaning some of my magic liquid mixed with the original liquid may do the trick and keep the original glitter flowing for hours.

I'll be on the lookout for the pictures.

Kirk- I would much rather prefer to do the experiment myself if you don't mind.   How about I purchase enough of your liquid to fill each bottle several times if needed.  I honestly think it's the liquid.  It needs replacing.  I opened the bottle and almost died from the toxic fumes that escaped.  Glad I have a well ventilated condo. 

how much liquid do I need.  

I don't mind at all, but just so you know, it's not a matter of being able to try the liquid multiple times.  

My liquid is similar to the original liquid in your lamp.  It's solvent-based, and it also has a strong smell.  To get your glitter to flow properly, you must use a solvent-based liquid.  There is no other option I know of.

So, if you're comfortable working with these solvent-based liquids, I'll gladly sell you the liquid and glitter formulated to work on a 10w bulb.  I'm not certain how much you'll need, but I'm guessing the bottles in your lamps hold 12 ounces of liquid.    

Be aware that I can't guarantee it will work in your Fantasia Glitter Graphics lamp.  The only way I can be certain it will work properly is if I work with the actual lamp.

Joseph said:

Kirk- I would much rather prefer to do the experiment myself if you don't mind.   How about I purchase enough of your liquid to fill each bottle several times if needed.  I honestly think it's the liquid.  It needs replacing.  I opened the bottle and almost died from the toxic fumes that escaped.  Glad I have a well ventilated condo. 

how much liquid do I need.  

I got back home to find my package from Kirk. Here is a 52oz lava lamp globe on my Mathmos Heritage Astro Gold. It is purple with large square glitter. It takes a while to warm up. I also notice that it doesn't really seem to run on my 1974 Century but that could also be a bulb difference. I swapped an R-base light from my Century for a 40W appliance bulb but the Mathmos was running a 40-Watt Reflector. Anyway... here is the Mathmos lit and unlit by ambient room light... I don't have photos of the clear gold yet...

Here is the unlit version:

So it was really just something about that bulb I put in my century. It runs on a 40W R16 reflector in the Century, but when I took the globe back home and put it on my Midnight Aristocrat base, it ran just fine with a clear 40W appliance bulb. Maybe that 40W bulb I had in the Century was frosted and that was the issue... weird!

Wow, that's amazing stuff! So gorgeous!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2021   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service