Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Another picture of my Princess just starting to come to life.

Would like to add some more but having trouble loading more than one on this discussion, don't know why.

Sorry I accidentally deleted or moved a comment from Andy I think by pressing the x at the end

of his comment asking what bulb was in the lamp all fingers and thumbs.

It is running on a R80 100W screw bulb the one that came with the lamp,

don't know if it should be on a lower wattage bulb but seem to run well with this bulb.

Views: 208

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

beautiful Bill, 100watt is fine, mine has a stand type bulb 100watt and after good 7 hours bottle isnt warm, when the time comes for you to change the bulb i suggest the garden gloves with rubbery one side and cloth the other they grip so well and then you bear hug lift up and place on a soft folded towel, p.s watch out for belt buckles etc :-)

Wow, these lamps are so beautiful! What time period were they in production? I can only imagine how much they go for now...

Ha! I'm always getting wiped out....

That's what I wanted to see, many thanks Bill

That looks to be the original glitter fill by its behaviour - mine does exactly the same and I love the patterns when this glitter explodes into life... mine runs on a 150w reflector... it was on 250w when I got it, and moved like crazy, but Johnny's right, there's no need for high wattage with these fills.... though any lower than 100w it might be too slow?

Ash,

The Crestworth Rocket/Princess dates to the mid sixties and they were for promotional display only....not for sale to the public. They were used in trade shows, etc to wow customers who would then hopefully buy an Astro or Astrobaby.  In 67-68 they were loaned out to BBC Television for inclusion on that season’s Dr Who series.  They are spectacular lamps, and these days sell for rather large sums as there are not many out there.  

Critter

ash-hole! said:

Wow, these lamps are so beautiful! What time period were they in production? I can only imagine how much they go for now...

Thanks Critter! I appreciate the information... I guess she will just have to remain in my dreams. 

Critter said:

Ash,

The Crestworth Rocket/Princess dates to the mid sixties and they were for promotional display only....not for sale to the public. They were used in trade shows, etc to wow customers who would then hopefully buy an Astro or Astrobaby.  In 67-68 they were loaned out to BBC Television for inclusion on that season’s Dr Who series.  They are spectacular lamps, and these days sell for rather large sums as there are not many out there.  

Critter

ash-hole! said:

Dr Who used them in the series titled "the wheel in space" unfortunately on 2 episodes exist the others lost / wiped BUT you can see the princess blobbing away in a few places :-)

That's gorgeous....is it the same fill that was in the Glitterlites?

Thanks for all your comments I feel so lucky to own such a wonderful lamp.
Aways admired Johnny's last time I was on the site and never dreamed that one
day I would own a Princess.
Johnny I have lifted the cylinder out a few times when I move the lamp from where it is now
to the other side of the room so we can have the Christmas tree there.
I use my bare hands and like you said bear hug it and lift it out, good idea about using gloves.
I put the cylinder on one of the soft dining high back chairs so I don't have to lower it to
floor, it's that heavy it does not move on the chair and makes it easier to replace it.

Sorry Andy for that just getting used to the site again and new tablet.
Not the best with either Bill.

Hi Mark, I think it may be the same fliud in the Autumn Leafs Glitterrite.

Mark said:

That's gorgeous....is it the same fill that was in the Glitterlites?

When any of you guys get tired of that lamp, just let me know.

I accept donations. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service