Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

New BIG lava lamp from Mathmos. Yep even bigger than the IO. 

Go tl their website and look at their youtube channel for 3 videos. 

Looks a lot like the Crestworth princess. But not as classy. Looks like only 1 colour too. Yellow with Red wax. Movement looks sluggish, nothing like the princess. 

Too big for me and probably expensive too. 

What are your thoughts? 

Views: 1930

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I knew I'd seen one with four legs somewhere. Still does not float my boat at all. 

I think candle, led and very low wattage are the ONLY way forward for lava lamps, or they're going to become few and far between in the distant future. Bring on the glitter. 

Imagine it - a dystopian future, where lava lamps can only legally exist in computer generated holographic form, with the acquisition of physical lamps to satisfy the ‘purists’ now an illicit underground trade

heavy…

Lampfancy - love it!

And Gooheads the heroic freedom fighters?

Jezza - four legs good, three legs better!

(I couldn't see how you saw a cable as a leg, either)

Or the morally bankrupt reprobates who flout energy efficiency standards, thus give a firm middle finger to the earth/environment * to satisfy their twisted lamp fetish

?

You decide… 

* perhaps ironic, given with the lava lamps’ association with the ‘hippy’ movement

andy ross said:

And Gooheads the heroic freedom fighters?

...and the Greens inherit the Earth?

Well, it's politically correct, anyway

Yup,

£2500

ouch…

Beyond what we'd pay for a lamp, that's us out from owning one. It's a £1000 for a replacement bottle! Send back for a refill would be a better option. 

Well you gotta hand it to them. This is one hell of a biggie. And is very impressive too. But 10 colour options? Filled to order, we've been asking this for our regular lamps for years. 120w is also impressive for such a big lamp.  But it's just way to big for me. Where would i put it? My place isn't exactly small but I would struggle to even think where this might live. And if I did buy one, world war 3 would break out with my partner.

Totally out of my depth with this one. I think I'll stick to my io. 

And let's wait and see what the second new lamp will be? 

First 10 already sold out. Why just 10? This is a bit stingy. Id have stuck to 100 myself give everyone a chance. So that would be 5 for the UK and 5 for Europe. I don't think they are expecting so sell many. 

So they confirmed there will be another lamp? Details?
Jezza said:

Well you gotta hand it to them. This is one hell of a biggie. And is very impressive too. But 10 colour options? Filled to order, we've been asking this for our regular lamps for years. 120w is also impressive for such a big lamp.  But it's just way to big for me. Where would i put it? My place isn't exactly small but I would struggle to even think where this might live. And if I did buy one, world war 3 would break out with my partner.

Totally out of my depth with this one. I think I'll stick to my io. 

And let's wait and see what the second new lamp will be? 

They are trying to fuel a exclusivity buy, a collectors panic buy to get one of the first, that's why they've made it 10, to make it seem way more exclusive compared to a higher number lol

Jezza said:

First 10 already sold out. Why just 10? This is a bit stingy. Id have stuck to 100 myself give everyone a chance. So that would be 5 for the UK and 5 for Europe. I don't think they are expecting so sell many. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2021   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service