Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Planning to get a gookit for my Lunar, questions would be:

Is there any wax left of the quart (for an astro or jet) when I use the original amount for a Lunar or does it take the whole quart and how much surfactant to start with for a nice snaky flow like it's supposed to be?

Views: 426

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I want to goo kit a lunar coz I'm sick of clouding fluid and I would like a blacklight responsive Lunar...I already saw gookit grandes snaking beautifully...it's all just a matter of fiddeling around with the surf as far as I know.
it may be expensive to have a goo kit ship overseas. last I herd you could still order lunar globes from Mathmos But I don't know if they still do. You might get in touch with mathmos and ask them how much goo is in a lunar. They used to do custom globes for people.
Yes, I know they still do...Please dont take it the wrong way, but what I need here is a ctual experience with gookitting a Lunar...I know how to get globes, I know gookits are shipped overseas and I know how much it costs, what I dont know is, if any goo is left when the lunar is done and how much surfactant to use and I'm sure mathmos cant, wont tell me either coz their wax is different. I DONT want mathmos custom globes as they become cloudy and gookits dont...dont wanne be rude, but only real experiences can help me here! but thanks anyway
ok, thanks...and I have no idea why mathmos globes become cloudy, but they do, at least when the liquid is not colored you can see it clouding. Maybe I'm too fussy and what I call clouy others call normal, but everything not as clear as a mountain stram is cloudy if you ask me.
For this whiskeybottle I used the full quart, which gives a lot of action, but if I were to do another one, I wouldnt use all of it, since it takes so long to start flowing. I can't remember how much surf I used, but I just followed the instructions, no experimenting with that expensive goo. :-D
Does anyone know what to do if you want to use a goo kit on a lunar whisky bottle but doesn't have a coil? Sorry probably a daft question!

The goo kit should come with a piece of steel screen that can be used in place of the coil.

I have never used one with a Lunar but I know that they work ok in Grandes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Goo-Kit-Standard-from-Magma-Tower-/14120518...

You can purchase steel coils at hardware stores. I have done this a few times.

Marcus said:

Does anyone know what to do if you want to use a goo kit on a lunar whisky bottle but doesn't have a coil? Sorry probably a daft question!

You can calculate what you need.

You have to mark where the wax is cold and mark

the top fluid level.  This will give you your total volume.

After you pour off your bottle and clean, add mesured

water to your wax line and note this value.  Continue

adding measured water to fill line and note this value.

GooKits require a 20% goo to water mixture.

The two added will be your total volume.  Just make sure

your at 80/20 water/wax.  You can adjust as needed.

Then it's all about serf and fine tuning, start with less surf

and add slowly over time to get desired results.

Keep in mind that run time/heat is a factor in flow.  It can take

days of cycling and tuning for flow and color. Patience...

Dr. What noted;

Average Surfactant amount according to globe size are as follows. If your unsure of what size globe you have please check out the section on Globe Sizes.

• 8 oz. - Don't waste your time lol
  • 20oz. - 4-5 ml
  • 32oz. - 8-10ml
  • 52oz. - 15-17ml
  • 250 oz. - 55-60ml

Go here;

http://oozinggoo.ning.com/page/goo-kits

That's fantastic! Many thanks :)

MileHigh said:

The goo kit should come with a piece of steel screen that can be used in place of the coil.

I have never used one with a Lunar but I know that they work ok in Grandes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Goo-Kit-Standard-from-Magma-Tower-/14120518...

I'll have a look but the mesh will probably be the way I go. Thank you for your answer ;-)

Kempton said:

You can purchase steel coils at hardware stores. I have done this a few times.

Marcus said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service