Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I saw a post on here from a few months ago where someone was able to successfully remove the coating on their Neo, but for some reason I'm unable to see the replies describing how to actually do it. Unfortunately, my Neo's film came with a few ugly bubbles in it, and just generally makes the bottle less clear. If anyone has any advice on how to remove it, or knows how to find the replies to that old post, I would very much appreciate the help. Thanks!

Views: 213

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That might have been me replying before. I've found an even easier way since then too. 

Just cut into the film at the neck of the bottle, pull some film away then just rub against the exposed cut in the film with a tea towel or something and it just roll the film all the way down the bottle. This is a far easier way and takes about 2 mins. 

Before this I used to make the same cut and lift/stretch the film up until you can grip enough of it with your fingers without tearing it then just peel/roll it all the way off down the bottle. Getting to a point where you can grip enough can be fiddly tho so the tea town method is the best I've found. 

Thanks! I ended up doing something like that, but for anyone coming across this in the future, I recommend soaking the bottle in a solution of dish detergent. I looked into how to install and remove some similar glass film products, and a number of sources suggested doing that and I found that it made the adhesive a good deal weaker, which made the process much easier. Sadly I didn't have much luck getting it to come off in large pieces, but a good amount of patience did the trick.

Paul said:

That might have been me replying before. I've found an even easier way since then too. 

Just cut into the film at the neck of the bottle, pull some film away then just rub against the exposed cut in the film with a tea towel or something and it just roll the film all the way down the bottle. This is a far easier way and takes about 2 mins. 

Before this I used to make the same cut and lift/stretch the film up until you can grip enough of it with your fingers without tearing it then just peel/roll it all the way off down the bottle. Getting to a point where you can grip enough can be fiddly tho so the tea town method is the best I've found. 

You won’t need to soak it in anything, the tea towel method will get it all off in 2-5 mins with no mess, all in one big inverted piece. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service