Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I'm in the market for a Humongo if anyone has any leads. Thanks!

Views: 216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Jay. I have a Humongo. I recently joined the site to find out how difficult and how much it would be to replace the lava in my lamp. The lava has separated. And then I noticed the coil was twisted. So I've been trying to decide whether to try and fix it or let someone else give it a try. I've had it for a couple of years and would so love to see it flow. Also the base is like a light colored wood grain and its chipping a little. Maybe with all of your lava wisdom you would be able to advise me. For which I would be totally grateful. I can send a photo if you like. Ok thanks Jay Goo

Hi!  From what i have read on this forum, it is extremely difficult to change the lava.  One reason is just the sheer weight of the globe when full.  Another is trying to remove the cap on the glass globe to replace the contents is hard, but trying to replace and seal it is just as hard or even harder. You need to make sure the seal is 100% air tight. Plus you have to make sure your mater fluid is balanced right otherwise the lava will never flow.  So all in all i would say its an extremely difficult and time consuming job.  Plus if you have never done a lava change before I wouldn't suggest trying it for the first time on this lamp. I sent you a friend request so you can message me directly.  Please let me know what you think.  Thanks! 

Sandy Swapp said:

Hello Jay. I have a Humongo. I recently joined the site to find out how difficult and how much it would be to replace the lava in my lamp. The lava has separated. And then I noticed the coil was twisted. So I've been trying to decide whether to try and fix it or let someone else give it a try. I've had it for a couple of years and would so love to see it flow. Also the base is like a light colored wood grain and its chipping a little. Maybe with all of your lava wisdom you would be able to advise me. For which I would be totally grateful. I can send a photo if you like. Ok thanks Jay Goo

hello Jay. Its me again. I see that I sent you a message to "do not reply". does that mean you didn't get the message? I promise to quit buggin you as soon as you recieve the photo.....hopefully.lol 

If you two don't work out a deal I may be interested. FYI replying to a donotreply email address means they definitely will not get it.

Hi Autumn. Thats good to know. Thanks for the info. So you know the situation with my Lava yes? As you can tell, I'm not real up to date with computers. I'm going to try and post a picture after I figure out to hook my phone to it. I'm sorry its new and I'm new to it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service