Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I found this at the thrift store yesterday. What model is this? What Year?

I haven't a clue but the lamp is mint, crystal clear and flows like a dream...Whatever model it is, It's worth the 5 bucks I spent for sure.

Views: 394

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks...We are enjoying the whole experience very much...our first vintage lamp and it came unexpectedly...even still has the warning sticker on the cap, too cool...
Man, I paid $60 for one just like this! The screw-cap Aristocrats are a touch to come by. Great find, Aaron.
Great find! I recently snagged a purple century from that era at my local goodwill, things like this are why I Thrift nearly everyday...

Definitely a great find!  That color combo in that size is top of the line for flow.  I think you will be very pleased with it for a long time to come!

Nice find.

Being a screw-on cap, this may predate the Midnight Aristocrat as such. I think the lamps released as Midnight Aristocrats were all after the change to bottle-cap tops. The only screw-cap black Aristocrats I've seen (aside from the 1971 Commander series, which had a matte finish) were the yellow/blue and yellow/violet ones sold exclusively through Target for a short time in the mid-1990s. If this is one of those, $5 is an amazing price!

We are indeed happy with it, looking forward to more thrift shopping for sure...Last night I mixed the final few China lamps blue/black green/black orange/yellow so in a couple weeks when our daughter gets home the lava party is on...17 lamps for this one, I'll post a few pics...

Hope your party goes well, it would be great to see some photos. Is that 17 lamps for years !

17 is all I have for lamps...so far...this coming winter I plan to build #18 from scratch and fill it with a goo kit unless another thrifty find becomes #18 before then,...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service