Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hi Folks,

I wonder if anyone can positively identify this lamp.

Basically its a glitter lamp than looks like a Mathmos Jet - and so it may be!

My initial  thoughts are that it's possibly a Crestworth Living Jewel Lamp but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't!

Because it has no identifying marks anywhere - not even inside the base.

It also has an odd cable 'tether'; a large (70mm long) on/off switch and it also has well over 2 metres of cable.....all somewhat strange.....

The reflector is loose inside the base.

Anyway, I've loaded some photos into Photobucket - the link is below:

http://s177.photobucket.com/user/Carbootyman/library/Glitter%20Lamp...

[Pardon the somewhat below average photos - not ideal conditions for my efforts this morning :( ]

Any information will be much appreciated.  Thanks

Views: 384

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks!  Short but sweet music, Neil :)

But why doesn't it have any ID marks?  Is this an early Crestworth - perhaps before they started labeling them perhaps, or didn't Crestworth's bother? I mean - Mathmos stamped their lamps....

I'll probably sell it, but any information is of interest......

(Shouldn't tell you - but I paid the massive sum of £2 for this on Sunday.  Bootsales are back!!)

Gorgeous lamp!

Hi Chris,

The base plate is missing - which has the Crestworth Logo on.

Regards, Simon

Chris Lea said:

Thanks!  Short but sweet music, Neil :)

But why doesn't it have any ID marks?  Is this an early Crestworth - perhaps before they started labeling them perhaps, or didn't Crestworth's bother? I mean - Mathmos stamped their lamps....

I'll probably sell it, but any information is of interest......

(Shouldn't tell you - but I paid the massive sum of £2 for this on Sunday.  Bootsales are back!!)

Oh, and the reflector is loose because originally it came with a metal spring, which would sit beneath the reflector - and held in place when the bulb is pushed in.

Hi Chantal - glad you like it! My wife prefers lava - I like glitter, typical dimorphism!! Means I'll have to get rid of it or face social unrest!

See you're interested in Grandes - not actually available for sale, but we've got 6 of the damn things, plus a Tiffany style (non-lava) Grande lamp.  Postage from UK might be a bit excessive though!!!

Simon - great stuff - interesting points.  Hard to see where a base plate might have been - guess it just sat on the small rim just inside the base......  And I thought there should be a fixing 'spring' or something to hold the reflector in place.  (How can that go missing???)  Still works perfectly well, thank heavens!  Thanks for your help.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service