Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

So why cant Mathmos produce these lamps?

Why are they taking peoples money without so much as a buy or  leave, keep them waiting for months on end. 

And why dont they keep them informed about what is happening? 

It seems a really bad way of trading to me and is the main reason why i will not buy one. 

What are your experiences with the io and your responses from Mathmos. Im just very curious as to this really bad way of trading. 

Thanks J

Views: 195

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have just heard that Mathmos are having real trouble with the iO lamp. Apparently the chrome is flaking away from the metal parts. 

If you are noticing this on your iO, i suggest you contact them ASAP. 

Shame cos they are a lovely lamp. Lets hope that they can sort this out and get them back on sale. 

I still think they should bring back the LUNAR! Cos we all love it! 

I've got one of the First 100 iOs (number 74) and haven't had any problems with flaking.

Well, when I life the top part off to change the bulb and then put it back on, there is a bit of flaking when the parts rub together, but nothing major.

The only issue I have is overheating - I have to fiddle with a plug-in dimmer to get it to run properly for more than about 5 hours. It's quite temperamental that way.

I bought the chrome iO around 1 September. They had on their website that expected delivery was the end of September. About a week later they stopped accepting new orders.

Waited until around 7 October and emailed them asking when it might be delivered. They told me they had just received both the chrome and cast and we’re going through the inspection process on them. Asked which one I wanted since they had both. I chose the chrome since it was no longer going to be made. They said it would be another two weeks before shipping it.

‘Two to three weeks later, they shipped the chrome. No issues with it. I love it. The orange runs hotter than the red. Ordered a dimmer for it, but have yet to receive the dimmer.

My guess is they are having issues with their manufacturer for the iO. I do not believe they are manufacturing the parts for it. Plus, COVID has slowed down the supply lines.

‘They are most likely trying to backfill their current orders for it. Then open it up for holiday orders.

If you want to know, I would just email them. I email them whenever I have questions and they have always been nice to answer my emails and provide straight answers.

Im glad youve got one and that youre happy with it.

But these lamps are still not available to buy, even with just a few weeks to go until Xmas. I know people who want one, just cant ever get one.

The io lamp has been an unmitigated farce from Beginning to now. Mathmos really need to get their act together. If they havent got them, they should be removed from their website. 

I note now it has been shoved to the bottom of their site. 

Great pictures by the way. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2020   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service