Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

This time astro baby and telstar bottles. Pink green, clear white and green orange. 

So come on guys n gals vote clear white. I want my millennium telstar back to it's old self again. 

Views: 1232

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just checked again and it appears you're right, not seeing a discount.

I checked my order history and there was definitely a discount for the astro bottles, as the bill shows 31.50 each.

Edited to add - I've just noticed some new wording on their site:

"Take advantage of our 30% Extras Discount see here (excluding special lava fills)"

I really hope they haven't suddenly changed this policy...

That cuts my order down lol. I was going to buy a stash of them, I wouldn't sell any on, they were for me. If the discount pops up I'll buy six. 

Yeah I was looking to buy 4, but I won't be if there's no discount as they were also purely for myself.

It seems REALLY cheeky to both bump the price for this bottle AND remove the discount. Why on earth a limited edition astrobaby should cost more than a limited edition astro is beyond me.

I've dropped them a message over facebook (and I'm slightly resentful that they 'made' me log into facebook to do so... I avoid facebook like the plague, but their email responses have been pretty slow of late).  If I hear back from them I'll be sure to post.

Quick addendum,  I tried adding another bottle just to see what would happen.  Gut feeling is that this is intentional:

Yes I think it's intentional as well. I tried adding Astro baby bulbs, got the discount on the bulbs but not the bottles. 

Sure is a greedy world out there. There's also the "white wax tends to yellow over time" thingy. Seems odd to me I have a crestworth with white wax, thats been used to hell and its still white as white. So why does Mathmos formula go yellow? Could be a formula change but I doubt it. Seems like built in obsolescence to me.

Anyway bought 2, that's my limit. Was gonna buy more but not now. 

See Mathmos? Screw your loyalists, get less sales! That's how a greedy world works! 

They don't go cloudy if looked after, but they do eventually after many uses and years go from white to cream to yellow to dirty peach to dull brown. 

My millennium telstar which is 21 years old and used to hell is in the 3rd stage, dirty peach and have been wanting to replace it for some time. When I get the time, I will post a picture of it for you, cos it will take some digging out. 

Thanks for that info, I don't mind cream, even brown lol, don't like cloudy though, that is a no, no :) 

does now state that the discount doesnt apply to the special one day fills i didnt expect it so still ordered 4 bottles. also bad timing as most dont get paid till tomorrow they missed a trick here.

Susan said:

Yes I think it's intentional as well. I tried adding Astro baby bulbs, got the discount on the bulbs but not the bottles. does now state its not in the discount bit mean as they changed it and said nothing about it the other day im sure its to stop people buying so many and selling them at a silly price

MonsoonStorm said:

Quick addendum,  I tried adding another bottle just to see what would happen.  Gut feeling is that this is intentional: yep they changed it so not discount of speical bottles when before they set the price alot more, with discount it still be about £32 so i guess more people will order one or 2 bottles this way

I've had confirmation back from Mathmos that this is indeed intentional.

I've pointed out that this means that

a) the Astrobaby limited edition ended up costing more than the Astro limited edition, despite the smaller bottle

b) it means that the bottles are in reality costing £11 more per bottle than regular bottles if you are buying multiple.

No reply yet, I'll keep you posted, but I seriously doubt this will change as people have been placing orders all morning.  I'm actually quite miffed.

I'd much rather they place a limit of 3 or 5 or whatever if they want to keep scalpers down rather than inflate the price such a huge amount. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2021   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service