Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

While searching for new lava lamps I came across these Knock Off Fluidium looking lava lamps on AMAZON.  I can see they're stepping up their lava lamp game but it hurts to see knock offs like the ones I posted earlier - see photos on the left of this discussion. I tried like hell to keep it all together but discussions section kept telling me photo was to large for MB but gave no other specifics so I downsized the photos of the knock offs and somehow was able to post but not with this discussion.  I can see two photos I posted appeared.  The lamps come in a bunch of colors.  I want to original Mathmos Fluidium lamp not some cheap CHINA made knock offs and notice the liquids dirty.  Maybe we'll see a knock off of the Colossus soon. 

Edit: added pics..LampHead

Views: 811

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If I was Mathmos I would be suing for copyright infringement today. 

I forgot to mention the knock offs are the blue and purple to the left of this discussion and they also come in a lot of other colors.  Can anyone tell me the size of the original Fluidiums?  The knock offs are 17''. 

Didn't mathmos discontinue the fluidiums?  Guess that leaves the market open for a new and improved version, right?  Thanks China, as we all know, they don't care about copyright infringement!  Buy away I guess.  Probably will have to crack them open and redo them.  Oh well.  Enjoy!

Knock offs for sure. The Mathmos Fluidium is 19.5 inches tall

I saw someone selling these a couple months ago on the let go app. I did a little bit of research because I was interested in the parts for projects. They are called Capsules and were pretty cheap on Amazon, $17 for one lamp or you could purchase 6 for around $100 if my memory serves me correct. Seems that they have now doubled in price.

Interesting.  Someone here posted the web address of the Rhode Island Co. that sells them and only 19.00 FREE shipping if I'm not mistaken. Crazy that Amazon is priced so much higher.  A lot of what AMAZON carries is no longer the best price on the net if you do a little research before buying. That being said I'm passing on the Capsule lamps. 

They do glitter ones as well, alot smaller than mathmos mine had a small hole in the top cap bit sent it back go another and the same. no idea why its there seemed pointless

Wow, those are cool, my Fluidium is 19.64” last time I checked. I would like to get the blue one and curious about the quality. Where is this place that sells them for nineteen dollars please?

https://www.rinovelty.com/motion-lamps

MichaelN77 said:

Wow, those are cool, my Fluidium is 19.64” last time I checked. I would like to get the blue one and curious about the quality. Where is this place that sells them for nineteen dollars please?

Thank you very much! Now which color to choose?

If anyone gets one of these lamps please post a photo for the rest of us to see.  The lamps are a little under two inches shorter than the Fluidiums if I'm not mistaken.  I really dig the green color just not sure I want to add to my collection.  Glad to see you got the address to buy for 19.00.  At this price you can easily afford all three or four colors available.  

I will probably get the blue or violet one. I already have a first generation Fluidium in green. I am pretty much maxed out on display space and lamp storage space. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service