Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

The old forum used to have an area called Lava Lamp Science Lab.

This is where we posted our experiments, alterations, etc, etc.

Where do these topics go now?

Is this something we should bring back or do y'all want to keep it the way it is?

Views: 187

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was hoping to get comments regarding the start of a new forum area rather then examples.

While the pics are cool and appreciated, I would like to keep this thread concise with comments if we should make a new area for these cool experiments.

I always thought that using groups like this site does instead of having a dedicated forum like at the previous site was a bad idea and one of the reasons why I didn't like it when the site moved here a few years back. Any member could post casually even if they weren't heavily into this area. Also, it makes the site more difficult to keep current with when everything is so spread out. It takes more time to cover less material. I don't even bother looking through the groups. I think a forum dedicated to science and experimenting would be a good idea as it makes the material easy to find and organizable by sub topic based on user posts to create the topics.

SCOTT13A
I know this may be a tad off the related subject but what about a Custom Lamp section?

Customized Corner hmmm.

I'm not fond of the groups thing either SCOTT13A. For the same reasons you explain.

I did like the layout of the old system.

In fact I did not know we had a lava lamp scientists. But since it's there. that seems to be the place to go.

We could have another forum area for science projects and customizations. More people would need to speak up in order to introduce that change.

Is there a group for customizations? If not we can make one.

I don't think there is one for customs. And speaking of groups I started the wave machine one a while ago and when I was banned I lost the control of that group but my name is still there. Is there a way to fix this? or just give it to someone else?

WeeboTech said:

Customized Corner hmmm.

I'm not fond of the groups thing either SCOTT13A. For the same reasons you explain.

I did like the layout of the old system.

In fact I did not know we had a lava lamp scientists. But since it's there. that seems to be the place to go.

We could have another forum area for science projects and customizations. More people would need to speak up in order to introduce that change.

Is there a group for customizations? If not we can make one.

I agree I have quite a few customs and there's really no way to show them off or explain what was done to make them.

Marcel said:

I would like such a Forum area.

I have enough custom projects running at this time and there will be much more projects in the future.

And i think if other people are reading this forum they will also start creating some custom lamps :)

I think a forum covering customization and "science lab" would be a good idea since the latter seems to be a part of customization for the most part. Under customization, we could also include base painting which includes monochrome spray painting as well as artistic painting such as the type done by Mandy (mandybus). We could maybe call it "Science and Customization" or "Science and Customization Lab".
I'm in!
I see a lot of good posts on hardware modifications but I get the impression from reading through this site that there is not that much interest in redoing the contents of the bottle. Why is that? I haven't seen a post here that clearly shows a proven approach to redo liquid and/or lava with pictures. I see a lot of great LL pictures in profile albums that look like redo's but not much explanation about how they were done. What are folks doing here that don't use Magma Tower Goo Kits do?
Well there has been a few threads that go into details on fluid replacements etc. For example the fog juice replacement thread (where ever it resides),  it's all unorganized chaos at this point so that's why no one really sees these threads. Just all the more reason to make a forum dedicated to the tinkering side of goo.
Another good forum would be for motion lamps! like fantasia lamps, plasma etc. any lamp thats not a glitter or lava.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service