Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Lava Lite's New Website & The NEW Heritage Collection

http://www.lavalamp.com/

The new Heritage Collection will be available to buy 10/28

**Updated the Heritage Collection will be released today on LavaLite Website at 10am CST. Heres a sneak peak!

*** http://lavalamp.com/heritage-collection ***

Views: 43086

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The apple certificate used with Safari suddenly stopped working.  It's likely an issue with the site that will be cleared up soon.  In the mean time, use a different browser.  Chrome worked great for me.

Phil Harris said:

what gives?  cant access the site on my mac, keep getting cant verify certificate errors in some sort of loop.

That's a bummer. A big bummer. A "heritage" line that's not made in the US? Ouch. :(

Critter said:

Sorry to say no American production yet.  :-(

From my talks with Dale he mainly wanted to focus on the Century lamp, which is the silhouetted lamp on the webpage. He was also considering doing a wizard. That is all he mentioned, but there might be more of course.

I'm guessing with Dale gone, we'll never see production come back to the US. Too bad. 

The heritage line will be the last thing he had his hands on that I know of. Whatever they do next will be totally influenced by the new leadership. Only then will we get an idea of what their direction is.

Erin said:

I'm guessing with Dale gone, we'll never see production come back to the US. Too bad. 

Do we know who the new CEO is? 

Clay Farnsworth.

I would love some centuries, which looks very promising at this point. I also hope they bring back a lot of the 90s color combinations even though the ones they have now are not bad at all. I'm really curious as to what else they would be coming up with. Maybe some starlite or midnight bases as well? Something else I would like to see is the Grande in more than those 2 colors which are great but have been around without variation for a long time.

Autumn said:

From my talks with Dale he mainly wanted to focus on the Century lamp, which is the silhouetted lamp on the webpage. He was also considering doing a wizard. That is all he mentioned, but there might be more of course.

I agree with you critter, I don't indestand how LL can afford all these returns and still keep a profit. I've returned 2/5 china lamps I bought revently for terrible flow or cloudy liquid. However they have made a significant improvement over the 2005 Chinese lamps that had terrible bases and caps, now at least the bases are almost flawless, albeit plain.
If the heritage is a Chinese made century, I will honestly have a hard time purchasing them, regardless of how well they work. The century is the classic american lava lite. Mathmos's heritage line, while it is nothing brand new, it is a perfect way to celebrate their original lamp, and consistent quality. Mathmos seems to be very proud of their quality and manufacturing facilities, I wish lava lite was the same. I am not biased against lava lite, I just miss how they were before the move to china. Their 90s lamps were outstanding!

I can almost guarantee the Heritage line will be made in China. In fact, I'll go ask on their Facebook page. 

Yeah I think if these were US made we would have definitely heard about that by now since they're coming out in 2 weeks, they should already be arriving from china at this point. It is rather hard to digest the fact that the "heritage" line isn't made in the USA, kind of like if mathmos' would've had their 50 year anniversary lamps made in Taiwan. Maybe they should've named this series of lamps something else since they knew they weren't gonna be USA made. But maybe at least they have a major quality increase in these lamps, I would like to see better quality glass and longer lasting formula. We'll see, fingers crossed

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service