Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hey everyone!

I'm currently working on a speaker that combines lava with sound - so it's actually the vibrations of the music that make the lava move.

So far I've given a new form to the speaker where its been fused with acrylic and I will do testing with the lava over the next couple of days.

I'd love to get some feedback about what you think so far - your thoughts and general goo wisdom is very welcome!

Views: 257

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This sounds really cool, but I’m curious whether you’ve done any tests to see how a speaker might affect the fluid in a lava lamp. I’d be worried that if it produces vibrations strong enough to affect the flow, mostly what it’s going to do is just break the lava into small droplets and disperse them, kind of like what would happen if you shook a globe while it was hot.

That will not work. Wast of time sorry dude.

I don't think it'll be much of an issue TBH.  My 90's red and yellow were permanent features atop my old Fisher 15" speakers and nothing bad ever happened to them.

Alfred said:

This sounds really cool, but I’m curious whether you’ve done any tests to see how a speaker might affect the fluid in a lava lamp. I’d be worried that if it produces vibrations strong enough to affect the flow, mostly what it’s going to do is just break the lava into small droplets and disperse them, kind of like what would happen if you shook a globe while it was hot.

Sounds glorious, any pics??

Ant Bee said:

I don't think it'll be much of an issue TBH.  My 90's red and yellow were permanent features atop my old Fisher 15" speakers and nothing bad ever happened to them.

Alfred said:

Well, this was 2004 so I guess my memory is off.  But up in the corner there.  I think Yellow might have been behind the camera in this one.

Sound does not affect the lava flow since it's heat that creates the blobs not sound.  If you place a lava lamp on a big ass speaker and crank it nothing happens unless you turn the lamp off.  Been there , done that.  More than once while sitting in a room with DJ's in the house and still have the huge speakers.  You will get blobs to shake a little from the vibrations but nothing more.  

I have a lava lamp that has a speaker built in already , its Bluetooth .  I never try just to run the speaker w.o the light but I can if you want 

what about if somehow you can recorded the sound inside the bootle and play that ? , so we can hear the lava move ? Idk if that can even happen but it would cool , even if it doesn’t work with lava , your idea could work with other liquids also maybe 

how exactly is this supposed to work with sound? I had lava lamps running at volumes that make your eyeballs vibrate in the skull and bass that made my voice vibrate but the lamps were not impressed at all...flowin like always...the only effekt I noticed was that from time to time all my lamps were colourchanging...but that didnt have anything to do with the sound...that was caused by some sort of nutricion supplements of acidic nature...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service