Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Ok, I've been on here for a few months now and thought it'd be nice to see what everyone looks like (since we'll likely never meet).

Who wants to go first? :)

Views: 13803

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here you go finally a picture of me and my fiancee Mathew Daughenbaugh
Attachments:

Thanks

Sure, I go anywhere.

Marley's Ghost said:

uhhhhhh, would you like to play drums in East TN?    LOL   

CRASHSUNDAYGUY said:

Playing drums in Cabo Wabo !

LOL... My excuse is  " They're an investment babe "  :)))

VOXul said:

Yea, will definitely toss them into hiding.  Would be funny though, she walks over and I have the oil and wax dribbling from my face with a puzzled look like "oh, hi?"

Marley's Ghost said:

Not unless you want to end up in ICU!!!   EEEKKKKK    Throw it under the dang couch, quickly!!!!   LOL

VOXul (Nick) said:

Yea... Don't know if that one will work for me either.  She noticed that the loose aluminum cap to a grande was off last night and she asked what was going on with that nonsense!?  Time to start training my stomach to digest cardboard... possibly styrofoam. Can you drink a lamp in case of emergency?

Marley's Ghost said:

LOL, Nick, I'm happy that works for you, but hubby is "very" observant........unfortunately, in this case!   

VOXul (Nick) said:

I don't know what you are talking about, that lava was always right there, next to the TV...you must be crazy sweetie

Marley's Ghost said:

And you won't be forced to ingest boxes and packing materials as I do to hide them from hubby.   I do get lots of fiber though...........     Just kiddin, but barely...........lol

VOXul (Nick) said:

Exactly.

Marley's Ghost said:

If we manage to turn her into a goo head, it can only help you, Nick!!   

I'm lucky in that my wife loves my lamps.  Sometimes she surprises me and says "why didn't you get that one?" when I pass on a lamp and then she'll say "dang I really liked that one"…..LOL    Actually, she has encouraged me to display more of them about the house instead of rotating them through like I usually do so I'm working on doing just that.  My wife is a candle nut too so I'm going to get her a fire flow soon.  I need to find a seller in the U.S.

But yeah, they are sort of an investment too.  The many (and I mean many, many) thousands I have spent is not lost, maybe I can recover it all, maybe not.  But somewhere down the line if I find I need a few bucks here and there I know some of my very rare lamps would sell for what I've got in them and likely more.  Not that I plan to sell any….I love having them about the house.

Crit

Aladdin 2 Lava said:

LOL... My excuse is  " They're an investment babe "  :)))

That's nice, it would be so lovely to get a Fire flow for her.

My partner can take em' or leave em', if I get a new lamp he will say something like " Mmm looks a bit blobby to me "  just to wind me up !

I will never make my fortune from lamps, but could just about break even.

Ditto with my wife.  She wants a second Colossus and has always been thoughtful whenever there's that "should I, or shouldn't I" decision to make.  In fact, I do credit her with being the one who started me on this most interesting of collections.  We were browsing through an antique store when she called out to me, "hey, isn't this a lava lamp?"  It was a Saturna, came home with us and the collection was born.

Critter said:

I'm lucky in that my wife loves my lamps.  Sometimes she surprises me and says "why didn't you get that one?" when I pass on a lamp and then she'll say "dang I really liked that one"…..LOL    Actually, she has encouraged me to display more of them about the house instead of rotating them through like I usually do so I'm working on doing just that.  My wife is a candle nut too so I'm going to get her a fire flow soon.  I need to find a seller in the U.S.

But yeah, they are sort of an investment too.  The many (and I mean many, many) thousands I have spent is not lost, maybe I can recover it all, maybe not.  But somewhere down the line if I find I need a few bucks here and there I know some of my very rare lamps would sell for what I've got in them and likely more.  Not that I plan to sell any….I love having them about the house.

Crit

Two absolute stud collectors who both happen to share the name Jim.  Me and Lamphead about to to conduct illicit business in a parking lot.  Lamphead has the best goods. 

Nice bright day in Illinois!  Good day for illicit deals!

The calm before the storm.  They are calling for six inches of snow tomorrow.     

Critter said:

Nice bright day in Illinois!  Good day for illicit deals!

That would have been funny if the cops rolled up thinking they stumbled upon something big.

"What are you guys doing?"

"Selling lamps"

"Yea ok, hands on the car"

Yeah then they look through the box like what the hell

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service